Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to eat to lose weight page

Hawaiigirl is offline Member

What's the best way to eat to lose weight

Primal Fuel
    I am 5'6" and weigh 150lbs and have been maintaining this weight for quite some time. I am really trying to lose 10 lbs and have tried so many different things and the weight just won't come off. It's so frustrating. My goal is to be 135-140

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Hi there,
    we must have the same build. I was stuck at 150 for so long. Cutting out all dairy and most nuts helped me drop that last 15lbs.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    What are you doing now to lose weight?

I mean, what is your normal day of food and activity like? Do you supplement? Are you 80%, or trying for 100%?

I'm at the same weight and height as you (about) and it will get tougher as you get closer to your goal.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Right now I am eating lots of eggs, chicken, tuna, steak, etc. and veggies. I don't eat any fruit. If I have dairy, it is a tablespoon of heavy cream in my coffee. I supplement very little, like adding a small scoop of rice protein to a spinach smoothie here and there.

A normal day looks like this:
    Coffee w/ coconut creamer and stevia, or Tbsp of heavy cream
    My first meal Breakfast/Lunch is usually around noon after I workout and either 3 eggs or a salad with chicken, tuna, fish, turkey breast and EVOO and balsamic as dressing
    A couple hours later if I am hungry I will have a snack of some sort of protein (chicken, boiled egg, etc.) or on some days I make a spinach or avocado smoothie with almond milk and add a little rice protein to thicken
    Dinner is some kind of protein and veggies or another salad.

I feel like I have been so good and the weight should be coming off but its not!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Have you read Mark's post on plateues? I think he suggests weekly sprint and IFing.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    There is no best way to eat to lose weight (fat). It depends on where you are at i.e. You are very close to goal so you need to be strategic to get the rest off someone obese can just low carb. Depends also how much you exercise. Some do carb refeeds to get fat moving again. Take a look at your calories. Design a dietary lifestyle around what you like to eat.

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    Something you may want to investigate or consider (I'm about to go to bed) - apparently Sumo wrestlers keep their weight on and on the up by working out before breakfast. Other than that, I'm with you - been stuck for months and months though I have lost 60lbs on low-carb and now I've gained 3lb on the leptin reset - my diet looks similar to yours, except I have b/fast earlier - so when you find the answer, PLEASE share won't you?

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMoo View Post
    Something you may want to investigate or consider (I'm about to go to bed) - apparently Sumo wrestlers keep their weight on and on the up by working out before breakfast. Other than that, I'm with you - been stuck for months and months though I have lost 60lbs on low-carb and now I've gained 3lb on the leptin reset - my diet looks similar to yours, except I have b/fast earlier - so when you find the answer, PLEASE share won't you?
    I definitely will! Hopefully I can figure it out!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you are eating good food, though I'm definitely not an expert. I know I plateaued for a while about a month and a half in. It has been a little over 3 months now, and I'm slowly but surely getting back to losing again. I'm not sure what I did right or wrong, but I suspect our bodies just naturally take a break sometimes, then start up again.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cavemeri is offline Junior Member
    I'm in the same boat. Stuck at 150ish. I'm new to low carb and new to Paleo, so I'm still losing, but I need help keeping it going....has anyone here done the Leptin Reset? I struggle finding out if I'm Leptin resistant....being so close to goal. (5 pounds of fat to go)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast