Thread: Impaired fat metabolism, obesity, and weight loss page

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Impaired fat metabolism, obesity, and weight loss

I don't like to self-promote - but I think this article ties together a lot of issues people have with carbs, as well as shedding some light on some of the recent nutritional conflicts in the community. Let me know what you think.

When Satiety Fails: Why Are We Hungry? Part IV

And there's much more to come in this series!

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    thank you i enjoyed that

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Great article! Very well written & thought out.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I just started reading this series 2 days ago. Haven't gotten very far yet because of work stuff, but I like it so far.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post
    I don't like to self-promote - but I think this article ties together a lot of issues people have with carbs, as well as shedding some light on some of the recent nutritional conflicts in the community. Let me know what you think.

When Satiety Fails: Why Are We Hungry? Part IV

And there's much more to come in this series!
    I haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but I love your site and your "Eat Like a Predator..." article is one of the most motivational, entertaining things I've read.

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    I think reading is opinion is interesting. But going through and reading the actual studies make it very clear to me that what most nutritional bloggers blog is just opinion. This isn't science. It's opinion masquerading as science. But hey! There's graphs!

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback! I figured the article would be more controversial...is my science really that tight, or have people just not noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnn View Post
    I think reading is opinion is interesting. But going through and reading the actual studies make it very clear to me that what most nutritional bloggers blog is just opinion. This isn't science. It's opinion masquerading as science. But hey! There's graphs!
    As I'm always trying to improve my articles, please tell me what parts of the article you consider to be "opinion masquerading as science," and which of my citations I'm not representing accurately.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Excellent!

I need to go & read the rest of the series now!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnn View Post
    Would you care to enlighten us and point out where the article is mistaken?

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm really struggling to understand how this reward and satiety stuff even matters. I know that there are people that have those kinds of issues, but I don't. I just want to understand what macros make sense for me and in what percentage. Based on trial and error, carbs are pretty much out, and when I cut them out, blood test results are awesome. No one is going to talk me into adding a lot of carbs back in.

I don't go to the store and load up with snacks that look attractive, and worry about being full. I worked out what to eat and how much over time, and that is all this body is going to get.