Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Minutes of Pleasure, 23 hrs and 55 min. of Depression! page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

5 Minutes of Pleasure, 23 hrs and 55 min. of Depression!

Primal Fuel
    That's how I feel when I cave in and eat sugar or carbs! I actually get very depressed which leads me down the road to laziness and a terrible attitude/mood. I feel so energized and mentally positive when I avoid sugar/carbs but if I have just one bowl of ice cream I go off the deep end. It actually leads to more cravings. I have been Primal for quite awhile now with excellent results but if I go to a party and eat a little bit of sugar/carbs, it opens the flood gates and I crave more junk, get very lazy and depressed, and basically just make everyone around me miserable! I know that cheating once in awhile isn't the end of the world for most people but for me it seems to be. Anyone else out there have this problem or am I just a real nut job??

A major contributor to my problem is when I run out of primal food in the house and eat what my wife buys for her and my 2 yr. old son. This doesn't happen too often but it does happen. Can I blame my wife?? LOL.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    hahaha blame yourself for eating your toddler's food!

Gerber? that stuff is delicious. Back off, this mango one is worth the depression.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    hahaha blame yourself for eating your toddler's food!

Gerber? that stuff is delicious. Back off, this mango one is worth the depression.
    LOL! No, my wife has the frozen pizzas, ice cream, Goldfish and chips. We do feed him healthy foods but she still has them for snacks. My wife eats whatever she wants in moderation and she looks amazing. She doesn't understand why I can't just sit down and have 2 cookies instead of the whole sleeve.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Yeah don't blame your wife or she will fill your future success story with nasty comments. See mine for an example...

I had similar issues where if food was in the house it was really tempting, and eating a little bit here and there usually would lead to eating too much. I did several 30-day stints with no cheats whatsoever and that really helped me a lot. During each period, I didn't have any off-plan foods at all. Not one bite, one chip, etc. No excuses, no 'its just one time', no special occasions.. you get the idea. It's not as easy as it sounds, but once you commit yourself to it and know that you simply are not going to eat the processed foods, it's pretty easy to follow.

Good luck and stay strong! No one is perfect.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I hear you. I do similar things. Especially if I am stressing and reaching for that comfort food. It has come to the point now that after I eat the food I just get so horribly sick that honestly its not worth it. I feel like I am still not 'right' after I consumed a lot of wheat and sugar products on Friday night. However, I still want to be social.

I'm moving back home in three weeks after spending two years abroad. I know there are going to be parties and celebrations when I am re-united with my friends and family. I made my transition to primal eating when I was overseas so they don't really know about my style of eating yet. I'm still trying to figure out how I should handle being presented with a lot of baked goods/party food made by my well meaning family and friends with out insulting them all. Should I eat a little (or try to) and deal with being sick afterwards for a few days? Or should I just not eat any of it and have them being offended but me in good health? I'm really jealous of the people who just get a little bloated and spiked blood sugar after eating grains and sugar. I feel like I have the flu if I eat a lot and have to stay in bed for a good two days after. If I eat a small or moderate amount I just get horrible headaches. Really not fun for me. I guess I have a quite severe sensitivity.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

greenari is offline Junior Member
    GUN5LING3R, I feel your pain, or rather, I feel your cravings.

I was just about to start a very similar thread, in fact, this is my second post ever, I joined for this very reason! I too am incapable of eating just one cookie, one chip or even just one piece of dark chocolate. I'll be doing so good-primal all week, craving chocolate so bad, so I have a piece of 88% dark chocolate (total Mark seal of approval) Then, before I know it, I'm sneaking to the store to buy a donut (or three) while my husband is at work (He is primal without fail) and there starts the downward spiral of cravings and depression, not to mention bloating and acne. I know all the reasons not to do it, but I still can't NOT do it!

I get so frustrated with myself, I was hoping someone in a similar boat would have the miracle cure that I can't seem to figure out. Though after typing this all out, the obvious answer - no - the [I]only[I] answer has to be, just don't eat the crap, ever. done. period. end of story.

But alas, it seems so impossible! Has anyone out there been able to quit the sweet stuff forever?

I told my husband it's a good thing I've never tried crack.....
    Last edited by greenari; 08-17-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenari View Post
    GUN5LING3R, I feel your pain, or rather, I feel your cravings.

I was just about to start a very similar thread, in fact, this is my second post ever, I joined for this very reason! I too am incapable of eating just one cookie, one chip or even just one piece of dark chocolate. I'll be doing so good-primal all week, craving chocolate so bad, so I have a piece of 88% dark chocolate (total Mark seal of approval) Then, before I know it, I'm sneaking to the store to buy a donut (or three) while my husband is at work (He is primal without fail) and there starts the downward spiral of cravings and depression, not to mention bloating and acne. I know all the reasons not to do it, but I still can't NOT do it!

I get so frustrated with myself, I was hoping someone in a similar boat would have the miracle cure that I can't seem to figure out. Though after typing this all out, the obvious answer - no - the [I]only[I] answer has to be, just don't eat the crap, ever. done. period. end of story.

But alas, it seems so impossible! Has anyone out there been able to quit the sweet stuff forever?

I told my husband it's a good thing I've never tried crack.....
    Hi, this was me. Down to a tee. Seriously, only thing that helped was going on the Leptin-reset Dr Kruse-style. I have done it 5 weeks now, and the last 4 birthday parties I attended, I didnt touch the sweets! Not even a taste, I just couldn't handle it, I felt so full from my breakfast and late lunch! I have been such a total sugar-junkie, and even though I did perfect PB during the week, my Saturdays would always explode into an orgy of cravings. No doubt it also massively slowed down my fat-loss. But look at the Leptin-reset if you want to sort yourself out. I'm glad I did, I'm no longer a slave to my cravings.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Tiger Lily posted some really good stuff about binge eating here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread19847.html

Worth a look.

Sugar is like heroine in my opinion. Extremely addictive, and makes you crave it. I found that if I eat sugar and fat together (no grains) I don't get sugar cravings. If I eat wheat with no sugar, I don't get sugar cravings. HOWEVER, if I eat wheat and sugar together, oh boy. Also chocolate, unless its gourmet 80% chocolate, will make me binge eat everything. So buying those 80% chocolate bars are a no go for me, but 1' squares that cost like 3$ each from the chocolate specialty shop. (All hand made) I'm fine. Ingredients seem to be the same pretty much. Don't know why one triggers it and the other doesn't.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Sorry, from the thread title, I thought you were talking about my first marriage... but I digress.

Yeah, staying away from sugar isn't a big deal for me, but if I do have some, it gets to be an issue for at least a few days. Suddenly I'm craving foods that I hadn't cared about before. Sucks.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast