Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes getting smaller page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Clothes getting smaller

Primal Fuel
    I've always been a size small (UK) since 2005 (I lost 150 pounds when I was 16 (2005) ). My trousers (pants) are always 32" waist 30" leg. But I'm not sure if it's a good thing, that my 32's are struggling to fit comfortably. Not so much around my stomach, but more, the groin. I sort of don't want to buy a 34 as I feel i've gotten fat or something, but it's not really the case.

I squat (Recently joined the 100k club) and do barbell lunges, good mornings and deadlifts. I also use my lower body alot, e.g. going up stairs 2 at a time.

Anyone else grown out of their usual clothing due to hitting the weights?

My tops are getting rather snug, but mainly because my chest/back and arms is FINALLY getting some nice shape to it

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    No, but if your a guy it certainly could be the squats. In jeans there are so many sizes now that you should be able to fit your current waist and bigger gluts. You might want to carefully measure your waist so you don't unnecessarily freak out about gaining fat.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I've developed a squatter booty, so jeans are now too big across the front (hips/lower belly) and loose in the waist, but they're too small in the back, so they don't fit right.

I've also started wearing men's small or boys' extra-large t-shirts because women's shirts aren't made for people with muscles, so they are too narrow across the shoulders/underarm and the sleeves don't accomodate my biceps comfortably. Guys' shirts are big around the waist, but at least they are not binding on my upper body and have the bonus of being a bit longer. A couple of my tees have lycra, so they still work at least.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, some of my pants definitely have gotten more snug over the past couple years (I started seriously weight training about 2 years ago) and even more so the past few months (I've upped my intensity and volume of training). Some of mine is probably from fat since I significantly upped my calories recently to gain some muscle, but some is definitely from glute/thigh hypertrophy.

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    Ha! I've got the same problem. I'm not getting fatter, but my pants are getting snugger in the seat. I'm squatting about 300 and pulling about 320, so I'm attributing it to that.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it - clothes in the UK are rarely made for athletic men. I struggle to find jeans/trousers or shirts to fit properly.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I have lost 3" on each of my thighs since quitting powerlifting. That's fine tho, since I don't like wearing carpenter jeans all the fricken time.
    Squatting and deadlifting will give you a solid core, but with the solid core comes muscle and bigness in the ass/legs/hips. I have switched from powerlifting style (2-3 heavy reps for 5 sets on ME days) to sports training. I still squat, but I do 100 reps spread over as many sets as it takes and the lift is explosive.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

prairiedog is offline Member
    I have the same problem with finding jeans/pants - the waist is fine or loose but the thighs are so tight I can barely get them on or they look ridiculous.
    Also, I'll be glad when this skinny jeans trend passes.
    Primal Living since Jan 4/11
    http://prairieprimal.wordpress.com

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I've also started wearing men's small or boys' extra-large t-shirts because women's shirts aren't made for people with muscles, so they are too narrow across the shoulders/underarm and the sleeves don't accomodate my biceps comfortably. Guys' shirts are big around the waist, but at least they are not binding on my upper body and have the bonus of being a bit longer. A couple of my tees have lycra, so they still work at least.
    That sounds just like me. I could easily fit into a size small for my waist/stomach size, but I now I have to start looking for wider arm holes because my biceps wont fit comfortably in the sleeves.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a guy-- I've lost weight, but the sprints and squats seem to have given me a bit more "behind" and in the groin area, too. The muscles are re-shaping there and growing a bit.

Many of us are near "atrophy" in those muscles/ areas from our years of sitting. Regular squats and sprinting and make 'em change shape and grow.. that was the case with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast