Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbies page

AZtoNH is offline Junior Member

Newbies

Shop Now
    My wife and I are new to the low carb world and have been following this site as we learn about things. We both have significant weight to lose and are in week one of our carb reduction. Holding strong and hoping for change. = )

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Good luck and change is definitely on the horizon if you stick to it.

AZtoNH is offline Junior Member
    thx, and hoping so. day 3 of carb cut (we are doing a few days under 20 g to get started) and my wife checked her weight this morning, she's gained 5 lbs! She's a bit discouraged (her body has never been weight loss friendly) so we'll see where this new venture takes us!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I know that it is tempting to do very low carb when you first start, but that is not Mark's recommendation in the Primal Blueprint. Try doing 50-100 carbs, Add in the healthy fats (OO, CO, avocado), Eat as much as you need/want of Primal food, Take body part measurements today, Wait to get on the scale, Give the PB time to heal your body.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

FatMatt is offline Junior Member
    Hello All,

I am just getting started and I am looking forward to the journey. I have been following the Primal Blueprint for a total of 3 days (if you count today). So, I am still feeling the affects of the "carb flu." This is not my first journey into the low-carb world, but it is the first time I am doing it without (or restricted use of ...) dairy and processed meats. I am feeling better about that since it always bothered me in my past attempts (no matter how successful I was). I am looking forward to cleaning things up for the long term and making lasting changes in the way I live.

I am still working through the logistical woes of going primal, but I have confidence that it will be easier with time. I am hoping the forums will be a helpful in working out the kinks.

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    She should try checking her measurements - i didnt lose weight in the past 2 months but gained muscle and my measurements have decreased.

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, fellow newbies!

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Hey there, I'm new too. Trying not to measure a thing for the 1st month of PB, I know that may not be the best way, but I figure I was an obsessive WeightWatchers person for over 4 years, (their new way of calculating points encourages High Carb, no fat, and FAKE foods), that it might be nice to just focus on making sure i am getting in REAL food without the pressure of weekly weigh ins, I am gonna go on how my clothes feel! Best of luck!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

seanpual is offline Junior Member
    Hi i would like to introduce myself.I am Seanpual.
    I'm also new to this forum,
    I have just joined and I hope I will learn a lot of new information here.
    Also I am sure I'll find many new friends here, in other words I look forward to having useful and entertaining time here.

Sophie87 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone, I'm Sophie and I'm in my second week of going Primal... Ihaven't quite got the full hang of it yet, but I've just purchased the 30 minute cookbook which I hope will help. My boyfriend is also joining me in going Primal, yet we are both worried feel he may slip back into eating non primal foods - so if anyone has any great recipe ideas that are fairly easy and quick (i LOVE cooking, just never have much time), please let me know! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast