Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think the Primal Blueprint is for everyone? page 3

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree with all of you who said that Primal is flexible enough to work for everyone. More thoughts
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I think it is for everyone. Especially in the stricter sense How could it not be. Kind of the point of all of this. Humans evolved eating in a location based, primal style and were active.

Specific health needs warrant specific measures (supplement, drugs, avoidance of allergens, etc..). And, I think many getting off the grains and sugars could really benefit from some group therapy/education that deals with addiction.

LADYHORN is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much to all that participated in this thread! I am struggling so bad right now! I lost a significant amount of weight (and felt pretty awesome to be honest) on a high-carb, low-fat diet, but I was also working out every day and spending all my free time doing it. 40 lbs lost later and I was completely burnt out. On a PB diet I feel amazing but often feel like I'm missing something as well. I think if I amp up the fat it will help. I am a sucker for a high-fat/high-carb combo meal, like a nice greasy cheese quesadilla, but if I can have a little white rice or red potato that seems to do the trick. This is my umteenth try at PB, because I know it's going to work for me once I get it down. Just getting there is the hard part! I have a problem with overeating, especially when I get home from work, likely due to stress, and man can I pack in the food! I am amazed at how much food I can consume in one sitting! And my husband is "lean" and eats whatever he wants because he is active all day long, so that's hard for me too. Reading the comments here, I feel much better. It will take time, but I'll get there.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stay away from the grains (quesadilla) right now, eat the filling, and rice if necessary.
    My (320lb) Hubby has just ditched pasta, bread and sugar...and is eating a ton of meat and veg right now. He misses sweets more than anything. But, hey, he looks less bloated, his legs feel better, (wicked massive varicose veins) and his skin cleared up. In a month.
    He was never one for beans, so I don't have to fight him there...I miss Boston baked beans sometimes, or Black beans and rice, but, if I want it THAT bad, I give myself permission...
    I just don't remember wanting to blow up like a tick and look 6 months preggo, when I am not, so I choose not to eat those things!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123