Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tried my first yoga class tonight page

ar0e is offline Member

Tried my first yoga class tonight

and it was amazing! I know Grok might not have done it, but I feel so relaxed and it was just awesome! I can't recommend it highly enough!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm glad you enjoyed it! do whatever you can remember tomorrow morning, and go back as soon (and often) as you can. it's not like other forms of movement. for some reason, going more often makes it easier for your body to l earn than going less often.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I always wanted to try yoga, though never found a studio that offered cheap classes, or if the classes were cheap the teacher was notoriously bad. I am glad you are enjoying it!! My sister just started yoga too and she loves it.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Yay!!!! Yoga lover here too. My yoga practice literally changed the rest of my life--it was like the start of _everything_ for me in terms of personal health, wellness, and happiness. I am so grateful for it! Glad you found it a positive experience as well!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Yoga (ok, Les Mills Body Flow - addicted!) has transformed my life. I am preparing for my comprehensive examinations (need to pass them before I can get cracking on my PhD thesis) and am wondering why, unlike in the past, I am not a nervous wreck on the verge of a meltdown. Then it hit me - yoga!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I just started yoga because a co-worker runs a free class once a week as part of her steps towards becoming a teacher of yoga (insert yoga term for that here, I presume one exists) so though it hasn't happened every week I've enjoyed it a lot. I'm the only guy in the class which is made up only of co-workers. It usually ends up being about 3-4 girls including the teacher, and myself.

I quickly learned, yoga is HARD, and any male that thinks they're somehow above it clearly has never tried it. I was pretty sore in areas I'm not used to being sore. I still don't understand how these girls can hold warrior poses for such long times, my quads are like WTF WE DO PISTOLS THIS SHOULD BE NOTHING but that static hold is a killer. I really like it, but probably won't continue once she stops the classes as I do other things (muay thai/jiu jitsu) and can't really afford more classes. I'm trying to learn some basic sequences as a morning routine though...

bluepelican is offline Member
    I took my first class last week and it kicked my ass. I didn't think it would be that tough, but I was drenched in sweat after about ten minutes. I ended up going three times in five days because I felt so great afterwards. Classes are pretty expensive, but I think I'll probably stick with it for a while before I start doing it on my own.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    I love yoga too. It's challenging and soothing at the same time. And yes, those static holds are killer!

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i'm glad you enjoyed it! do whatever you can remember tomorrow morning, and go back as soon (and often) as you can. it's not like other forms of movement. for some reason, going more often makes it easier for your body to l earn than going less often.
    I bought a package of ten classes, I was going to take 1 class a week, should I increase it to 2?

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would do what works best for you in your schedule, and what feels right. I also would try classes given by different instructors to learn from different teachers (as well as to figure out who your favorites are! ) Depending on the week, you may want more yoga or less. NOTHING wrong w/ doing it 2x a week or more though (many practice daily). Just follow your body and do what feels right to you...

Glad you are loving it!!! Isn't it like a drug?
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast