Thread: Nutrtion for my training page

H2O
    H2O is offline Junior Member

Nutrtion for my training

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I just psted a thread in the training section, and i also have a VEW questions about nutrition. I wanz to loss bf and go for some muscles. I am trying this Plan at the moment:
    *breakfast: Bacon 'n' eggs / cottage cheese with fruit
    *lunch: meat/ Fish With vegetables
    * Same As breakfast
    I am trying to eat on train days ( Lifting) +calories , on all other days ( running, sprinting, Regeneration) - calories. I don't Know if i should eat more offen then 3 times on train days. Furthermore i have these questions:
    * is it important to eat (Protein) right after the workout
    *is buttermilk primal

I would Be really happy if u healp me

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    No. Eat plenty of protein but don't worry too much about the timing of everything. If anything, eat some carbs after your workout.
    No. But it's not that bad, unless you can't handle dairy.

"Regeneration" means rest days, right? You are not a lizard person or a zombie or something, right? If so I would give different advice.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    This is semi-related and I've been wondering. If you have a lot of carbs post-workout but do low to very low-carb the rest of the time (rest days), can that negatively affect muscle gains?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petriquor View Post
    This is semi-related and I've been wondering. If you have a lot of carbs post-workout but do low to very low-carb the rest of the time (rest days), can that negatively affect muscle gains?
    No. That's actually the best possible strategy in my opinion. That's the basic premise of Leangains (Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health). Check out Chocotaco's 72 hour carb refeed thread on this forum for more info also.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    No. That's actually the best possible strategy in my opinion. That's the basic premise of Leangains (Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health). Check out Chocotaco's 72 hour carb refeed thread on this forum for more info also.
    Well that's not exactly what I've been doing. I get three square meals a day, and I usually have at least some coffee with liberal helpings of coconut milk added in, plus some berries. The whole fasting thing, while it may be effective, doesn't seem like something I could get into. I don't think I could work out on an empty stomach anyway.

H2O
    H2O is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for my bad english Yes, it means rest days. I have no Problem with dairy. Waht Kind of carbs could I eat post workout ?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    @ H2O: Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and white rice are generally regarded as good, safe starch sources. Also, winter sqashes, manioc/tapioca, and pretty much any other tuber/gourd are OK. Just avoid all grains (other than white rice).

@petriquor: I hear you. I still think that keeping carbs and calories higher peri-workout and lower at other times is a good practice, even in the absence of fasting.