Thread: Unexpected/Odd Benefits of Primal Living? page

Savannah is offline Member

Red face Unexpected/Odd Benefits of Primal Living?

Shop Now
    Here's mine:
    I'm 3 weeks into following PB, and going pretty hard-core on non-veggie carbs (limiting fruits to a few ounces of berries a day or a small apple). I was hiking today, and after about an hour I realized something strange: I wasn't getting swarmed by mosquitos and gnats! Not only that, but I'd forgotten to put on bug spray before leaving! I usually douse myself head-to-toe in citronella and still end up the main course for all blood-sucking insects in a 3 mile radius. Nothing else was different-- in fact it rained here yesterday and there was barely any breeze so the suckers should have been out in force. I was curious, so I went home and, after a brief google, found out that:

"Because mosquitoes love sugar, people with normal or high blood sugar levels are more likely to be bitten by mosquitoes than people with low blood sugar levels"

I guess it makes sense that when I was eating half my body weight in fruit every day I was basically a cherry slurpee with legs. Now I fell bad: I probably gave some poor, innocent mosquitoes sever insulin shock with my high fructose blood

Anyone else have an weird/unexpected positive side-effect from going primal?

greenari is offline Junior Member
    My whole family has been primal for 6 months. While it's not unique (so I found out after reading about the benefits of primal), I am absolutely thrilled to announce that not one of us has had even the slightest sniffle. The fact that my daugher had three colds from birth to 8 months and has been the picture of health since we ditched the baby rice that she "needed" for the "added iron", is the ONLY motivation I need to live primal. Everything else is icing on the cake.

I'm glad to hear that's common--I'm crossing my fingers that by the time winter rolls around I'll be healthy enough to avoid my usual month o' flu :P Fingers crossed!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Tanning. I do not burn anymore, even if I am out in the sun all day. Just keep getting darker. I went to Moab in May and should have looked like a lobster after the first day of hiking. Nope, no burns, just brown. I get compliments on it all the time as "looking healthy" and whatnot. This is from people that are slathering on SPF 50 while they tell me.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    You might check out this large and long running thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread16575.html

However I don't mind a new thread as anything that draws out these stories makes for fun reading

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    People send me cash in the mail.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Tanning. I do not burn anymore, even if I am out in the sun all day. Just keep getting darker. I went to Moab in May and should have looked like a lobster after the first day of hiking. Nope, no burns, just brown. I get compliments on it all the time as "looking healthy" and whatnot. This is from people that are slathering on SPF 50 while they tell me.
    MOAB, Lust, Envy, sigh
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

wildwabbit-- oops, didn't mean to double-thread (Thanks for pointing it out-- I love funny/odd stories too, and now I have 38 pages to read through! Which is great, because I just finished "Funny CW Stories"...yep, all 148 (and counting) pages This forum has some witty folks-- must be all the bacon brain food)

wheelhouse is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Funny, all summer I have been getting accused of using a tanning bed. Here in Seattle people run from the sun. I just take a stroll during a lunch a few times a week. Full mid day sun for 3-4 hours a week does wonders!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    less anxiety ... less back pain ... unbelievable energy level and loss of all laziness!