Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-Gritty page

gritty is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal-Gritty

Shop Now
    So, I thought I would start a journal because I am serious about this way of living and need to keep myself accountable. Had a Twix staring me down earlier today.

Anyway, I am 32-year-old female who doesn't want to lose weight, just wants to eat real food and pass on the Cheez-its, Kettle chips and Sour Patch kids (weakness). I have been eating primal for four days, except yesterday I had a major hypoglycemic episode and had to eat non-primal foods to get my sugar back up. Thanks to the people on this forum, I was given suggestions and feel great today. I am maintaining my carbs at 150 g a day.

I cant wait to start reading everyone else's journals.

Anyway, so far today I have had:

Breakfast: 2 eggs+1 slice of bacon+1/4 c. greek yogurt+1/4 c. blueberries
    Snack: Apple+handful of smoked almonds
    Lunch: 1 c. Spaghetti Squash+2 fried eggs+1/4 avocado+2 slices tomato+1tbsp Coconut oil
    For dinner I am making stuffed peppers

I find myself still hungry and still cant go longer than about 3-4 hours without something to eat despite using a lot of fat when I cook. Maybe that will come with a little more time.

I am definitely feeling the effects of sugar withdrawal (refined sugar), which kind of sucks, but nothing I cant handle.

Thanks for reading!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the forums. I hope everything works out for you. I'm at the complete opposite end of the spectrum, as I have as much weight to lose as you have body weight total, so have no useful advise beyond 'keep grokking on'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    That lunch looks delicious. I'm inspired! I wish avocados weren't so damn expensive though

I found myself very hungry for the first couple of weeks. I think I've made up for that with lots of protein (and usually whatever protein I'm eating has fat too) after some adjustment time.

Welcome! Please keep posting, this is a great community
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Hi gritty!

Welcome! It is hard at first, but maybe eat more fruit, nuts and Greek yogurt in the beginning to wean yourself off of the refined sugar. I also have high quality dark chocolate available for that same reason.

Keep posting and let us know how it's going.

-Jen

Last night's dinner was really good. Cooked Carrots and stuffed peppers.

I like to meal plan a little ahead so I know what I will be eating and not give in to temptation.

Today's menu:

Bfast: 1/4 c. greek yogurt+1 c. cantaloupe+1 fried egg+1 piece of bacon This kept me satisfied for about 5.5 hours
    Lunch: ground beef leftover from peppers+1 apple
    Snack: nuts
    Dinner: Chicken (can't decide if I want to fry it in Coconut oil or grill it)+vegetable+fruit

My blood sugar feels more controlled, and I trying to get about 150g of carbs a day. So far, so good, though I would REALLY enjoy some refined sugar goodness in the shape of gummi worms. But won't.

It's weird, usually I am starving and chow down on a multi-grain chips. I am not even craving them like I normally do. Progress. Woo!

I feel like crap.

It's been six days since I started primal and I feel like crap. My intake is full of fats (bacon, coconut oil). Fruits, veggies, eggs, greek yogurt, MEAT.

I dont know if it is sugar withdrawal or what, but I feel constantly hungry (and i use a lot of fat). I am not craving grains or sugar that much, but I eat around 150-160 carbs a day, and I am still losing weight (which I cant afford to do).

I am at a loss here. I feel really emotional all the time, and I know that can be sugar withdrawal, but woo, this is hard! I have had some dark chocolate (not much).

Plugging along, plugging along.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    It's probably just carb withdrawal. Hang in there! TOTM?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Agreed about the carb withdrawal. Also, since you're constantly hungry make sure you're getting adequate protein. You can probably handle the extra calories, so maybe consider adding a protein shake (use water and some coconut milk to mix it up and maybe even an extra egg) to your daily intake.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

thanks guys. Yeah i think my good carb range is 170-180, a little higher than most. At least for now. A protein shake sounds like a great idea. And I am also increasing my calories from about 2200 -2500 to about 2700-3000. I know it sounds like a lot, but it works for me.

Well, now here is something weird. About 2 years ago, I started itching horribly and would have weird rashes that would go away just as soon as they appeared. My doc said she thought it was an allergy to my dog, which I thought was weird since I was never allergic to dogs before. I didn't want to get allergy tested because it's expensive and would probably be told to take Singulair or Zyrtec no matter what it was.

This afternoon I slipped up and ate four multigrain crackers. And now I am itching like crazy, my nose is all stuffy and I have a rash on the back of my arm. I hadn't noticed that I wasn't itching over the past week.

Pretty sure I actually have food allergies.

Finding out all sorts of coo stuff eating Primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast