Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the "vintage primals?" Pre-2009? page

Where are the "vintage primals?" Pre-2009?

Primal Fuel
    What a difference 2 years makes. While I applaud the growth of the site and can find a gem here and there, I miss the good 'ole days when the website was slow, Mark used to actually respond to posts (because there were only 15 a day), and the focus was on the Primal Blueprint, research, exercise, and nutrition, and not just a primalized version of "low carb friends". So, onthebayou, serialsinner, acmebike, taratootie, tarlach and others...if you're still out there, please make yourself heard...or start your own thread or group so we can get back to business. Diana...you may be the last of us!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm still hangin' out to make sure I'm not missing anything, but I don't post as much as I used to. There are only so many dozen times I feel like responding to questions about coconut oil, no matter how enthusiastic I am about it!

Is it wrong that I just got crazy happy that you posted?! I was just feeling nostalgic today and was hoping for a "primal-reunion" of sorts. I agree, it's hard to see the same topics over and over. While everyone starts at the same place and I totally respect that, I just wish there was a separate forum for "experienced" primals.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    I just wish there was a separate forum for "experienced" primals.
    Primal Journals Forum ftw

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    But I have been doing Primal for 37 hours and not lost a pound! HALP!

Kinda gets old.

Thank goodness for ChocoTaco or whatever.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Is it wrong that I just got crazy happy that you posted?! I was just feeling nostalgic today and was hoping for a "primal-reunion" of sorts. I agree, it's hard to see the same topics over and over. While everyone starts at the same place and I totally respect that, I just wish there was a separate forum for "experienced" primals.
    Crazy happy to see you, too!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    What a difference 2 years makes. While I applaud the growth of the site and can find a gem here and there, I miss the good 'ole days when the website was slow, Mark used to actually respond to posts (because there were only 15 a day), and the focus was on the Primal Blueprint, research, exercise, and nutrition, and not just a primalized version of "low carb friends". So, onthebayou, serialsinner, acmebike, taratootie, tarlach and others...if you're still out there, please make yourself heard...or start your own thread or group so we can get back to business. Diana...you may be the last of us!
    Paleohacks.com may be more to your liking. Probably you already know about it though. I don't go there anymore because the vibes are not right for me.

I am very happy that the forum has turned into a primalized version of "low carb friends". It is tiring to answer the same questions over and over. But it feels like I am doing something worthwhile.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I'm not one of the 'old crowd' ... but I wish I was because I'd hopefully be at my goal weight by now

However, just about every forum I've ever been involved with goes through the same life cycle. It is what it is.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    PJAP!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!

Sad to say, I almost skimmed right over this post.

I, like others, have "Forum Burnout" and sort of lay low most of the time. I keep in touch with Batty & 216 as best I can even if they're not on the boards anymore. Facebook helps.

How have you been!?

I'm good, Diana! Still trying to maintain the balance between power lifting and still looking like a girl I read the blog and skim (like you) through the forum everyday, but rarely post anymore. I've kept up with you via your blog. Holy shit, Boarfest looked AMAZING! That was quite a feat to pull off, congratulations!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast