Thread: Restaurant Free Vacation page

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member

Restaurant Free Vacation

Shop Now
    I've been struggling with some pretty severe food allergies, some of which I suspect I have yet to figure out, and I've realized that no matter how much I ask a server, they won't tell me if there's something I might be allergic to in the food (I keep getting sick anyway). I've gone on pretty much something like a Whole30 diet, with very simple, straightforward ingredients, and no restaurant eating. I may get water at a restaurant, but that's it.

The trouble is that I've got a 4-day convention coming up that will require copious amounts of energy (and maybe little sleep). I don't think I can bring a cooler, mostly because there's 5 of us staying in one room, and there's not going to be much room, but there is supposed to be a mini fridge. I'd still like to keep things that don't require refrigeration.

I've made a list, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Trader Joe's plain organic jerky
    almonds
    sunflower seeds
    avocado
    homemade energy bars
    pemmican (going to try Tanka Bars)
    apples and pears

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Looks like a pretty good list. I'd add some coconut flakes and maybe a jar of coconut oil/butter.

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    I dunno if I could eat coconut oil straight... lol Coconut flakes is a good idea, though.

I also thought to add cacao nibs.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    If you have a dehydrator and time you could make your own jerky and also some dried fruit. Or even dried sweet potato if you want some starch.