Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Back...and would love advice from those who are pregnant... page

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member

I'm Back...and would love advice from those who are pregnant...

Primal Fuel
    Hello, fellow PBers. I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. I became pregnant in April and fell off the wagon. We unfortunately ended up losing the baby just at the end of the first trimester. It was rather heartbreaking, as this baby was conceived through IVF and there had been no signs that anything had gone awry. We fortunately have some options and are going to try again soon. In the meantime, I am going to get back on board with PB.

I'd be very appreciative to hear from people who are pregnant or who recently conceived about their diets. I'm especially interested to hear what people did about cravings: I had the most wicked cravings for bread and cheese during those 12 weeks--it was insane! I was always hungry, and very exhausted. I'd like to have a backup plan for the next time around.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your baby. I can't give you any pregnancy advice ... my last was nearly 12 years ago and I'm not having any more!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

mamagault is offline Member
    So sorry for your loss. That's rough. Been through it.

As far as cravings, why no cheese? It's at least somewhat acceptable. Maybe you were craving the fat/protein in it? Maybe some trace minerals? IDK. Anyway, I've not been Primal for an entire pregnancy, but I still have strong cravings. Mainly fat right now. I can eat coconut oil right off the spoon (grosses dh out, lol). I would say that fats + protein would help keep you from feeling quite as hungry. And as far as exhaustion, well, that's pretty much par for the course here. I think it's just because our bodies are working so hard, even at the beginning.

HTH some.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    uuummmm, not gonna be much help cuz I totally caved. Well, not totally. After an appointment I would pig out for 2 weeks, then eat on plan for the other 2 weeks to lose any weight I put on. Three weeks before my glucose tolerance test I ate perfectly EVERY DAY. After that I ate however I wanted, be it "good food" or "bad food". The cravings were kind of easy to ignore when I knew that in x amount of days I would allow myself to eat whatever. I started the pregnancy morbidly obese, gained about 12 lbs for the whole pg, then in the 2 weeks after having the baby lost more than 20 lbs.

So sorry about what happened. Wishing you all the luck in the world!
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss!

There's a thread here and I recently did a guest blog post here that may be helpful.

dmc
    Thank you, everyone. And thank you, Dragonfly, for the link. The information here is truly useful. I have been off the forum boards for awhile, so I haven't had a chance to look at all the discussions I've missed.

We are trying again next month. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Rose is offline Member
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I was also pregnant earlier this year and lost at 12 weeks. We are about to start trying again also. Carb cravings get really bad for me when I am pregnant and I go off eggs and meat. I'm trying to clean up my diet at the moment but keep falling off the wagon as the rest of the family are not into primal/paleo eating at all. I'm afraid I don't have any advice, but getting a good support network around you could help. I find the sugar pushers and lack of support difficult.

dmc
    I'm sorry to hear about the lack of support, Rose. I am getting ready to start another whole9. When I did it before, I felt amazing. I'm blessed that my partner is on board, but in the end I know it is up to me to stay on track, whether he does or not. I don't know if it helps for you, but I know for me that, strangely, something like a whole9 is easier to stick with: I think it is the discipline of the thing.

I'll totally be keeping my fingers crossed for you too, Rose, and am here to offer support.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry too. Loosing that late in a pregnancy -- even though it is technically early -- is always rough. I feel like any loss is rough, but particularly after you make it past the first 6-8 weeks, you know? that's tough! and i think it's tougher if you are going through fertility treatments, too. So, definitely take care of yourself!

I second what dragonfly posted. she does her research. she's into this stuff. also, her EFT is *great* for helping people come into balance with different emotional needs.

Rose is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good advice dmc about the whole9. I think I might give that a go. I tend to be an all or nothing type. I'm hoping that if I do well eating this way hubby will be inspired to get on board. He is not against it for me but doesn't want to participate and is not interested at all. I find it difficult to watch him eat all the foods I crave and end up giving in at some point and eating them.

Good luck in getting pregnant. Another round of IVF?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast