Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you lived in Paleo days, what would your job be? page

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

If you lived in Paleo days, what would your job be?

Shop Now
    If you found yourself transferred back to hunter gatherer days, what would your job be?

I think I would be stuck in the cave staring at a blank rock going, "I hate this, I'm a caveman and I'm never going to get online....I'm a frickin caveman!"

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shaman / storyteller
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I think it would probably be something like a scout. I'm restless and have to move around a lot, keep my mind active. I would have been the one pushing the clan to expand further afield, migrate.

* Or a tracker. I'm good at seeing patterns, disturbances in patterns, finding things and seeing things that others miss. I'm constantly scanning the horizon. I would need to work with a navigator though, because when I'm searching I lose track of everything else and get very single minded. Finding my way back would be near impossible.
    Last edited by Blackcatbone; 08-16-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: addition

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Um... hunter-gatherer? The whole notion of "jobs" is a neolithic invention, so... yeah. Hunter-gatherer, probably.

davem is offline Senior Member
    I'd specialize in hunting, sharpshooting with a bow, or being super hot with the spear. I'd also have a couple dogs to help me with bigs and larger game. I'd then butcher everything, including the dogs that didn't make it through the hunt.

That seems to be all that interests me as we get closer to fall.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I think I would take my jerky making from something I do on the weekends to more of a full time gig. Like DFH, I'm thinking there wouldn't be much of a use for computer programming types unless they were good with a spear and a knife too.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Um... hunter-gatherer? The whole notion of "jobs" is a neolithic invention, so... yeah. Hunter-gatherer, probably.
    Everyone would have hunted or gathered, but the amount of hours needed at the tasks would have been less than what we now work. There would have been room for people gifted with other talents to have used them to benefit the group. Even in a group of hunters, different members would have been better at different things. Some gatherers may have been better at climbing trees to get to fruit or perhaps spearing fish (which gatherers did as well) or finding specific types of vegetation, etc . . .

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Today I am in IT. Back then, I guess it would be making sure the signal fires and drums are in tip-top shape so the chiefs don't get burnt hands and garbled messages, as well as making sure invading warriors don't sneak in and piss on the fire.

croí is offline Senior Member
    I would be helping making awesome tree houses. I still want to live in the Swiss Family Robinson house!

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    I'd be a great berry gatherer... and fire starter.
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast