Thread: Question for VFF trail runners page

supersellen is offline Senior Member

Question for VFF trail runners

I currently run in Sprints and have been thinking about purchasing a pair of Treksports. The Sprints work fine for trail running, but I would not mind a smidge extra protection. Has anyone tried both? Is there a noticeable difference, or should I just stick with the Sprints?
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    Tried em didn't like em. I prefer to have a lot of feeling/feedback from my feet. The Trek models cut out too much sensation. But that's just me. Other people seem to like them a lot.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I personally own both the Treksports and the Sprints and by comparison the treksports are like castes on your feet... they are much better than 'normal shoes' but they do cut out a significant amount of feeling... they were my first pair of VFFs and I got the springs because I wanted thinner... that being said I don't like sprints for trails because of sand and such getting in them... now in days I just run trails completely barefoot... I still wear the treksports around town and such because I bought them so I better use them... but also the sprints can be a bit rough sometimes with hot asphalt (living in FL it can get hot sometimes)... I also think the treksports look less 'odd' to 'normal folk'... so my treksports are my go to shoe... then once I get to work I put on my Mocs.. and when I run I put on my sprints... or go bare. ... for what it's worth I would avoid getting them to trail run but if you are really looking for more protection they aren't a horrible option... you could do much much worse.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the responses! It sounds like the Treksports might be a little too desensitizing. The sprints are working fine, and I suppose it is just a matter of adjusting my body to the terrain rather than my shoe . I am looking forward to getting back to barefoot for my road running once it starts to cool off (I'm in atlanta). I would love to get to a point where I could trail run barefoot, and obviously buying a shoe with more protection than sprints will not help me reach that goal. Thanks for helping me noodle it out!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/