Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Health, not weight page 21

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
    Great idea: hot bod thread.
    That might take more than a year
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Haven't read the whole thread, but, I think health and weight go together. When I eat healthy I become thin. That's not to say others can have whatever goals they want. And it's a huge job finding what kind of eating will get you healthy and thin btw.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That might take more than a year
    +1 for me too
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    It's called personal accountability. I keep/kept a journal with pics to keep myself on track. You God-damned right I'm proud of going from 212# to 148#. Going from obese to 9% bf ain't fucking easy. No real experience? Ha ha - I may be a loudmouthed prick sometimes, but I can back my shit up and I have never failed at anything I wanted bad enough - ever.

I could give 2 shits about any of this -- the point is that this forum is being diluted with opinoins from obese and unhealthy people. Jeez, just look at your pizza sentence - unfuckingbelievable.

Lets start an accountability thread - who wants to keep each other on track for the next year? Put up or shut up.

And fuck you, DFH if you are insinuating I 'supplement'. My journal is 100% accurate and truthful.

Edited to add: This type of post, your web site, and your adgenda here is exactly what is wrong with this forum. A leaner person is being told what doesn't work by a fatter person who hates lean people. Everyday here. I know, I make five figures - why don't I go over to the Berkshire Hathaway Forum and run my mouth to the posters about how the way they made billions don't work. Yeah, and I'll post contradictions abound to Warren Buffets book too - the book site is designed around.

I'm down with an accountability thread. I'm using my personal journal thread to provide some of that for myself already: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html but I'm up for anything that will help me keep on track!

BTW, Voyager, I'm thinking that the experience you've gone through is right in my wheelhouse. I started "Primal" at basically 200lb, but was as high as 250 lbs as recently as 18 months ago, losing some 50 lbs with other methods before I discovered Primal. My BF %-age is still in the mid 20's and as a result of reading Mark's work, I really want to focus on getting stronger...and yeah, being able to get 150 in my sights would be kind of cool, I think.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Won't somebody please think of the children!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Won't somebody please think of the children!
    I hope if I ignore them they will go away.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    It's called personal accountability. I keep/kept a journal with pics to keep myself on track. You God-damned right I'm proud of going from 212# to 148#. Going from obese to 9% bf ain't fucking easy. No real experience? Ha ha - I may be a loudmouthed prick sometimes, but I can back my shit up and I have never failed at anything I wanted bad enough - ever.

I could give 2 shits about any of this -- the point is that this forum is being diluted with opinoins from obese and unhealthy people. Jeez, just look at your pizza sentence - unfuckingbelievable.

Lets start an accountability thread - who wants to keep each other on track for the next year? Put up or shut up.

And fuck you, DFH if you are insinuating I 'supplement'. My journal is 100% accurate and truthful.

Edited to add: This type of post, your web site, and your adgenda here is exactly what is wrong with this forum. A leaner person is being told what doesn't work by a fatter person who hates lean people. Everyday here. I know, I make five figures - why don't I go over to the Berkshire Hathaway Forum and run my mouth to the posters about how the way they made billions don't work. Yeah, and I'll post contradictions abound to Warren Buffets book too - the book site is designed around.

Sheesh, what an asshole. Must have struck a nerve. Another person to put on ignore!

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm not posting photos. I like my privacy and have good reasons for managing my internet presence carefully.
    I threw all that out the window when I decided to become a gun owner.

I think though, relying on pictures is silliness. Besides, there's already a thread like that over in another subforum. I say we let people's comment rely on their own merits.
    Which is why I won't get into a land war in asia, I won't go in against a sicilian when death is on the line, I won't listen to a bulemic about IFs, and I won't listen to someone larger than me when it comes to nutrition.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    I threw all that out the window when I decided to become a gun owner.

I think though, relying on pictures is silliness. Besides, there's already a thread like that over in another subforum. I say we let people's comment rely on their own merits.
    Which is why I won't get into a land war in asia, I won't go in against a sicilian when death is on the line, I won't listen to a bulemic about IFs, and I won't listen to someone larger than me when it comes to nutrition.
    I know of another forum that has a section for threads like this called the Dungeon. When things get too stupid, they get moved and put away, and the few left that still care have have it out on their own...

This thread has unfortunately brought out the worst in shitty attitudes. I think that people that have made the effort and improved their fitness do deserve credit, but this still does not make them experts and it's no excuse to get an attitude about other people's struggles.

All this stuff about "post a pic and prove yourself" is insecurity and ego taking instead of logic. I'm not here to compete and I would think that most others are not either. The body builder's "look at my picture, I have to be right" thing is BS, but that is not to say that everyone is doing it. Some people are just glad to make improvements.

All the good advice I ever got was from someone with experience in solving problems, not from someone who never had those problems.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll risk giving my personal 2 cents.

Everyone voices their view/beliefs based on their life experience. People who are young/healthy/lean and have never faced health, psychological or physical issues believe the way to optimize health/physicality is to adhere to PB dietary guidelines and LHT to the max.

Older/other/ heavier folks, especially those that have faced some challenges. realize things MAY not be as cut and dry as the "young/lean/healthy" group believe/declare as an absolute. Their experience is valuable because they have experienced "bumps in the road" that can help other people, who find themselves stuck on "the bump", get over/through the obstacle.

Then there are people such as myself (and I believe Griff), that face definite/specific/unique challenges. Those challenges can be psychological, physical or a combination. I believe we have things to offer. And, I believe Griff was trying to provide useful information when he started this thread by providing a study that supported the idea that some people can be healthy even though they are obese.

If someone's experience/path can be looked at with an open mind it just might help other people facing "challenges" realize that if people who weighed 400 pounds ( and losing 100+ pounds is beneficial any way you look at it)or have a limiting physical disability, like my cerebral palsy, can benefit from implementing at least some PB principles, then they too can find success.

Dismissing or bashing others' beliefs, struggles, experiences, and/or path not only hampers learning/growth, it IMO, indicates a smugness, false superiority, and insecurity. It also puts people off because if they haven't had the same experience or think the same way then their views are seen/dismissed without merit.

Case in point:
    1. Sprinting isn't real if done on a treadmill.
    It's real for me- someone with CP. It's most likely real for someone else with challenges.

2. Just eat less, exercise more-- you have to lose weight.
    Did that, gained 60 + lbs. Never mind my hormones went to hell and when optimized I was able to lose the weight.

3. Keep at it, get everything dialed in, and a 6 pack is possible.
    As someone that carried 7 pounds twins I know this isn't always possible, without "help". I think Kate Goselin and Octomom might agree.

MY overall point--just because something works for you ,or a group of people, it doesn't mean it's an absolute. People come here to learn, grow, and relate. Being "right", close minded, judgmental and/or just a pain in the a** hurts everyone including and, IMO, especially the person with the voice.

Griff, if you are still reading, please know that you have things to teach, give and learn. Don't let other people's close minded biases keep you from giving and growing.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast