Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 297

Thread: Health, not weight page 10

  1. #91
    Heidi's Avatar
    Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    529
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    SAD hurts everyone.
    I have an urge to get this printed up on a t-shirt.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

  2. #92
    Heidi's Avatar
    Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
    .

    I cannot believe this place.... people here want to now embrace obesity?

    Bitter trolls. There cannot be any other explanation.

    .
    I'm obese and while it's been very hard for me to lose weight the past several months, I can still be proud that my eating habits have changed for the better. Healthy habits are what I'm embracing. Obese is just something I happen to be at the moment.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

  3. #93
    dboxing's Avatar
    dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    So it's okay for you to misrepresent and misinterpret my statements but you are offended when you feel I've misrepresented yours?

    This is not anyone's house, it's a public forum. If you are offended by a conversation at a public gathering (say, at an academic conference), you can politely disagree and join the debate, you can decide to not engage, or you can choose to leave. Instead, you've chosen to be rude and insulting to me, demand that I show you photos of elderly people who have in no way consented to have me do any such thing, and treat me like an idiot. I'm also pretty certain that you haven't actually gone over and read the study in question.

    Being polite isn't passive, by the way. It's behaving like a socially responsible human being. I'm happy to discuss the issue with people who oppose it so long as they are interested in actual debate and not just repeating over and over that no fat people are old, that I should know automatically what they mean by fat (if you ask some people, Jessica Simpson is a fatty), and that I should know when they say primal is about not being fat that they actually don't mean that's not the only point to doing primal. If you would like me to stop inferring what you mean, please actual say what you mean instead of making vague, inflammatory statements.
    The sky is "blue". Would that be vague? The house thing was an analogy. Analogies are also many times vague. There is a general level of understanding that most folks possess that doesn't require granulation for discussion. You seem to define this general level of understanding as being “vague”. In other words, either the sky is blue or not, I shouldn’t be required to go into infinite detail over what constitutes blueness.

  4. #94
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    i started off at the same weight as griff, 400lbs. im down 40lbs so far and i look forward to losing a lot more, not because i think ill look better or ill be more healthy, the things that i look forward to the most are being able to exercise a lot easier, being able to pick myself off the ground easier if i fall, being able to keep up with my future kids when they want to run and play.

    ive been fat my whole life but ive reached a point where ive just decided i dont want to be fat anymore. theres no comfort in being the outcast because you are fat, i dont care what you try to tell yourself its just not true. have you ever heard of someone whos lost a lot of weight, gotten into great shape and regretted it???

  5. #95
    Heidi's Avatar
    Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Hey guys, I’ve made peace and decided it’s ok that I’m an alcoholic, drug addict, sex addict (I don’t mind the sweat), 6 pack a day smoker, because I eat 2 pounds of butter per day, therefore I’m “Primal”. I'm ok, you're ok. Please pat me on the back too.
    Since when are drugs and cigs and excessive alcohol part of the primal lifestyle? Are you suggesting that because someone is obese, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves primal? How elitist of you.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

  6. #96
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    The sky is "blue". Would that be vague? The house thing was an analogy. Analogies are also many times vague. There is a general level of understanding that most folks possess that doesn't require granulation for discussion. You seem to define this general level of understanding as being “vague”. In other words, either the sky is blue or not, I shouldn’t be required to go into infinite detail over what constitutes blueness.
    Actually, defining what one means by "fat" is important. To some people, I might be fat. I wear a Canadian size 8, which to some in the high fashion world would make me a "plus-size" model desite being significantly smaller than the North American average. To other people I know, that makes me enviably thin. According to the BMI scale, my partner is obese, but according to his 8-9% body fat measurement and his waist size, he's quite lean at his 245 pounds. In most medical literature, anyone over BMI 25 is considered fat, but that's not fat enough to be associated with weight-related health conditions. When you are talking about issues related to science and health, being specific is very important.

    If we are talking about a fat person and you are thinking of a man with a 50-inch waist and I'm thinking of a woman with a 34-inch waist, we're going to have a hard time having a discussion.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  7. #97
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Since when are drugs and cigs and excessive alcohol part of the primal lifestyle? Are you suggesting that because someone is obese, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves primal? How elitist of you.
    i believe that was what is referred to as sarcasm.

  8. #98
    dboxing's Avatar
    dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Hey guys, I’ve made peace and decided it’s ok that I’m an alcoholic, drug addict, sex addict (I don’t mind the sweat), 6 pack a day smoker, because I eat 2 pounds of butter per day, therefore I’m “Primal”. I'm ok, you're ok. Please pat me on the back too.
    Can I go to 7 packs a day, if I add another pound of butter?

  9. #99
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Actually, defining what one means by "fat" is important. To some people, I might be fat. I wear a Canadian size 8, which to some in the high fashion world would make me a "plus-size" model desite being significantly smaller than the North American average. To other people I know, that makes me enviably thin. According to the BMI scale, my partner is obese, but according to his 8-9% body fat measurement and his waist size, he's quite lean at his 245 pounds. In most medical literature, anyone over BMI 25 is considered fat, but that's not fat enough to be associated with weight-related health conditions. When you are talking about issues related to science and health, being specific is very important.

    If we are talking about a fat person and you are thinking of a man with a 50-inch waist and I'm thinking of a woman with a 34-inch waist, we're going to have a hard time having a discussion.
    this is a good point actually, it really bugs me personally when i see someone post on here about how "fat" they are and how out of shape they are because they are 155lbs when they want to be 150lbs. Oh the horror!

  10. #100
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Can I go to 7 packs a day, if I add another pound of butter?
    only if you are barefoot and carry a kettlebell

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •