Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Who's the better carber, essay? page

  1. #1
    porcelain's Avatar
    porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    115

    Wink Who's the better carber, essay?

    Primal Fuel
    While many of us IF during the day and eat in the evening, I would say the majority of us are accustomed to a surplus portion of nutrition because of our lack of starchy carbs. Needless to say, some of my friends can be startled by my gigantic plate of vegetables and meat...

    When it does so happen I indulge in high carb fiestas, I'm eating an excess amount of cupcakes or chips compared to my nonprimal counterpart. Because I'm used to getting full as there is a delusion when it comes to "snacking".

    Does this happen to you?
    Last edited by porcelain; 08-16-2011 at 11:25 AM.

  2. #2
    porcelain's Avatar
    porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    115
    I guess this scenario is only familiar to me lol.

    Before I know it, my insulin receptors are firing off and I'm still hungry. How do people graze like this?

  3. #3
    The Big L's Avatar
    The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    274
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. But in order to keep things interesting, I'll just go ahead and claim that I'm the better carber.

    Also, where's this essay you mentioned?

  4. #4
    porcelain's Avatar
    porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    115
    Oh my lol we never had any mandatory spanish essays in Canada unfortunately. I should reword essay = ese, friend or "brother".
    I thought this whole forum was latino!

    My rant in breaking paleo (which I seldom let happen) attributes to heavy eating, because that's what I'm accustomed to if I do without rice or bread.
    Aren't we used to eating meals, and not snacks? I never understand how people can just have eight chips...

  5. #5
    The Big L's Avatar
    The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by porcelain View Post
    My rant in breaking paleo (which I seldom let happen) attributes to heavy eating, because that's what I'm accustomed to if I do without rice or bread.

    Aren't we used to eating meals, and not snacks? I never understand how people can just have eight chips...
    Ok, I think I see what you're saying. I dunno, but I've always had a weakness for salty/crunchy snacks (chips), and it's persisted after I switched to a primal diet. I'll occasionally indulge with some corn chips & salsa, and I could easily devour an entire bag in one sitting. Usually I'll stop myself at no more than half a bag (probably 150g+ worth of carbs), but only because I know how much my stomach will hurt later if I continue.

    I remember in my pre-primal days I felt a constant, gnawing hunger throughout the day. I would graze between every meal to try to sate my hunger, but it was always there. At least primal eating has blunted the perpetual hunger. My occasional indulgences still trigger big carb cravings, but fortunately these are relatively few and far between.

  6. #6
    NDF's Avatar
    NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by porcelain View Post
    While many of us IF during the day and eat in the evening, I would say the majority of us are accustomed to a surplus portion of nutrition because of our lack of starchy carbs. Needless to say, some of my friends can be startled by my gigantic plate of vegetables and meat...

    When it does so happen I indulge in high carb fiestas, I'm eating an excess amount of cupcakes or chips compared to my nonprimal counterpart. Because I'm used to getting full as there is a delusion when it comes to "snacking".

    Does this happen to you?
    Cupcakes and chips are primal foods.

    If you are going to eat higher carb, you might as well for for the rice. Forget chips and cupcakes.

  7. #7
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Hell yeah. I can eat tons of cake and cookies and ice cream.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

  8. #8
    Lukys's Avatar
    Lukys is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    48
    I must admit I am partial to crisps...

  9. #9
    porcelain's Avatar
    porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big L View Post
    Ok, I think I see what you're saying. I dunno, but I've always had a weakness for salty/crunchy snacks (chips), and it's persisted after I switched to a primal diet. I'll occasionally indulge with some corn chips & salsa, and I could easily devour an entire bag in one sitting. Usually I'll stop myself at no more than half a bag (probably 150g+ worth of carbs), but only because I know how much my stomach will hurt later if I continue.

    I remember in my pre-primal days I felt a constant, gnawing hunger throughout the day. I would graze between every meal to try to sate my hunger, but it was always there. At least primal eating has blunted the perpetual hunger. My occasional indulgences still trigger big carb cravings, but fortunately these are relatively few and far between.
    I find IFing has helped me curb cravings. It's so much easier to control a fast than opening a bag of chips. Weird how that works!

  10. #10
    porcelain's Avatar
    porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    115
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Cupcakes and chips are primal foods.

    If you are going to eat higher carb, you might as well for for the rice. Forget chips and cupcakes.
    ? I think you have me confused.
    Cupcakes and chips are not primal, but rice is. I just choose to avoid rice because it's high glycemic.

    Although during special occasions, I can enjoy life and reward myself (albeit over do it sometimes).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •