Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal on Tour page 4

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

spaghetti squash is amaaaaazing stuff.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

BNDR is offline Junior Member

Well, I just threw my moose meat into a marinade I made up, but I think I screwed it up bad! I don't know what I'm doing so I just grabbed everything liquid and started tossing it in. I used maple syrup, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey and tabasco... I just threw everything at it. How anti-primal did I go??? Eek.

Sooo, question:

I know I'm not perfect yet. I still put sweet n' low and milk in my coffee throughout the day. Yeah, the Stevia isn't cutting it. I've done really well staying away from bread and pasta, grains, etc. I've tried more new veggies in the past month than in my entire life and you don't have to ask me twice to eat some beef. Here's what I'm wondering: Is it OK if I haven't noticed any sort of carb withdrawal? I've been hearing that one might crash or get sick for a few weeks before the body switches over,but I haven't felt that. Is it coming, am I lucky, or am I blowing this whole primal thing with sweet n' low alone? Maybe I'm missing something?? I finally got my copy of PB and I'm eager to read it, but I'm packing up to head out on tour, spending time with the fam, etc. Any insight, of course, much appreciated.

Ooooh, it's been a poor primal week and tour hasn't eve started yet!

I came into NYC to work a few days, go see a Dr. in NJ, and fly out to a wedding in OR. Well, the week started out with some good exercise Sunday night since I was setting up a corporate conference thing in a hotel and the freight elevator was broken. We had to move everything up to the 2nd floor via the stairs. Awesome workout and my thighs were so cold from the temp. outside, I didn't even feel the burn! However, the call was from 11p to 8a and I sure didn't bring anything to snack on. Instead, the company brought in pizza. Yes, I had 2 pieces of awful, yummy pizza.

I did OK Tues. Then, yesterday was my appt. in NJ. Well, I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque or something. Looking back at the map, I was 90 mins. late for my appt., but I probably walked close to 8 MILES!! Holy cats!!

Afterwards, I went to a friends house to visit her and her newborn and the only dinner she felt like dealing with was pizza delivery. So, again, I had pizza. Ugh. I feel fine physically, but mentally, I know I should have done better.

Now, I'm heading to Portland today and hoping against hope I can make it through the weekend without any huge food blunders!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

I'm not keeping measurements or anything, but I can totally tell my pants are fitting way looser.

Question.... Since I'll be on the road, I obviously can't shop and prepare most of my own meals. Am I doing OK eating burgers and steak and bacon from restaurants even though I'm fairly certain it's not grass-fed or non-nitrate, etc.?? I don't really have much choice.

Does anyone read this thread?? LOL.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Yup. I would make sure to take fish oil to balance out omega 6 with omega 3 fats. But while it may not be PRIMAL eating, you can keep it low carb and as unprocessed as possible while eating in restaurants like that. That's what I did on the road for a week while moving cross country. Worked fine.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Catalina is offline Member

I agree with FNW--you're doing great under the circumstances.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey everybody. Yes, it has been forever since I've been around. Tour was... tour. I didn't really want to go in the first place, so perhaps I created a self-fulfilling prophecy or something. Even though my gig was easy, I hated it. After almost 10 years on the road, it was just time to STOP. Plus, the schedule was awful, the tour was managed poorly, and well, my direct supervisor was (is) a schmuck. So, I quit. I was the 2nd crew member and since me, 2 others have quit. 2 actors have also turned in their notice.

Anyway, I think I did pretty decent staying with PB on the road. I made eggs and bacon in the microwave on the bus, stayed away from bagels and donuts at break, and ordered burgers with no buns and no fries. Sure, I slipped now and then (pizza!!), but I have lost weight and now that I'm off tour, I intend to lose more by buying better food, cooking for myself, and not surrounding myself with crap.

I look forward to getting back into the swing of things around here. I hope you all have been well and look for a new thread about my primal journey OFF tour!!!

;-) BNDR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234