Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal on Tour page 3

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Wild caught salmon is sooo much better than farm raised. Try that next time if you didn't.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sounds so good. Agreed about wild too but I take what I can get in restaurants.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

BNDR is offline Junior Member

Just an FYI - I'm going to pick up he book, but probably not until the new year when I get on tour. That way, I don't ave to lug it around with me to rehearsals in NYC and stuff. Anyway, until I get it, can I ask a question??

How is cheese OK??

I know enough to stay away from the individually wrapped singles, but isn't most cheese precessed in some way?? I love cheese!

Thanks in advance.

I read the quick explanation on Cheese. I get it. I'm starting to get all of this and it's awesome. I'm trying to track what I eat and even though my numbers aren't exact, i think they're getting closer to the ballpark Im looking for to accomplish some weight loss.

I also want to build muscle, so I know I need to get on the exercise bandwagon.

In case anyone cares....

I'm 32(m), 5'-6.5", and at about 175# right now.

I also have an underactive Thyroid and an as yet undetermined connective tissue issue. My Doctor says I have antibodies to suggest something, but nothing has totally presented itself. He says it like we know we're in a baseball stadium, but we don't know what teams are playing.

My father has MS and members on both sides of my family suffer from Lupus. I want to lose the weight, build muscle, and do everything I can to avoid illness and having to pop pills for the rest of my life.

So, there ya go.

- BNDR

Hello all. Well, things are going well with the primal lifestyle so far!! My book arrives tomorrow!! I can't wait!

I attempted to make some catfish the other day. Disaster. I tried making it on the stove-top, but I guess it was too thick or I didn't cook it long enough?? I don't know, but I don't think it got cooked all the way. It was still pretty mushy inside. Gross.

Been sticking to eggs and bacon and spinach every morning. I even throw in some steak when I have it left-over. My Best friend is concerned about my cholesterol levels.

Using a crappy scale, I'm told I'm 2 lbs. lighter than a week ago.

I'm trying the survival challenge this week which starts with no dairy in my coffee. Um, this may put me off coffee completely. Oh, and I guess I may have failed already because I put sugar in it. I have to. Its just nasty otherwise. I was looking for that Stevia stuff and oh my gosh is it expensive!! I can't justify paying that much for sweetener right now.

What else?? I'm going to try spaghetti squash this week. That's as exciting as it gets.

As tour gets closer, I need to start thinking up more ways to feed myself on the road. I think I might send my Foreman Grill ahead and use that when I can on the bus. It takes up a lot of room and is a PITA to clean, but oh well. An other suggestions in this department welcome.

Thanks. - BNDR

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

About Stevia...there's a pure stevia extract out there. It comes in a powder and liquid form. It's pricey when you look at the amount you're getting for, but the cool thing is that you can use only a fraction of the dose you would require with a regular sugar.

I put some Stevita pure stevia in my coffee the other day and I used a little bit on the end of my tea spoon. The darn thing was like syrop. I couldn't even drink it. I suspect the little can that I bought for $12 will last me for about 6 months or longer if I only use it for coffee.

yeah I sucked it up and got some. It was $10 but reading the label, you only use 1/8 of a teaspoon, so it should last a while. Thanks for the input.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

just a note... you may or may not like stevia. It has a very herbal aftertaste to it.

If you end up not liking it you might want to try truvia. I have found it to be much more palatable in coffee than stevia (while stevia is fine for slightly sweetening whipped cream to go on berries... according to my tastebuds.)

Just don't be surprised if you don't love it. Not everyone does.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Oh, for $10, I'm gonna LURVE it!! ;-)

So, I'm currently awaiting my version of Lil_earthmomma's Spaghetti Squash lasagna recipe. I used sauce and spinach and broccoli and mozzarella and goat cheese and ohmygod I'm excited! What a fascinating thing, this spaghetti squash!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast