Thread: Help with the Fog? page

apelletr is offline Junior Member

Question Help with the Fog?

Hi! This is my first post here. I've been primal with no dairy for 15 days now. I immediately lost 7 lbs of fat and my digestion system is very happy. I cheat with one or two glasses of wine a night, and have had an occasional microwave popcorn breakdown. The reason I'm posting now, is that I've been reading around trying to find information on how to beat this fog and fatigue in the short term. I can barely think at work - I find myself just staring at the computer for hours - and I rarely muster up the energy to get exercise. I know I'm supposed to add animal fat, and I have been, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Does anyone have any specific suggestions on foods that will help? I also drink about a half-gallon of homemade unsweetened iced tea (both black and green) every day, but it's not really making much of a dent in the problem. Thanks for any help you can offer! I love this lifestyle, but it wouldn't be good to lose my job!

willowbean13 is offline Junior Member
    Hi and welcome from another newcomer. I have fibromyalgia, so I live in a fog most of the time. I know that it got worse when I became Primal but evened out when I added in a nap after work. More sleep might help, and some 5-HTP also helped me. I started running up and down the stairs at work, at least twice during a shift even though at first I thought my CW-chubby body was going to revolt on me. So far, so good. I'm a law enforcement dispatcher, so my job forces me to sit for long periods and that tends to make my mind wander. It will get better.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. You don't have to "exercise" but you need to avoid being sedentary. If you are sitting for long periods, you need to get up and move a bit frequently. Try to find time to go for walks.

Wine is not a cheat. It is primal approved but it can contribute to brain fog. What if you try to cut back to one or even just drink on the weekend, just to see if it helps?

The fog should clear soon.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sounds like carb flu, it will pass
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist