Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greens Supplements

Greens Supplements

Shop Now
    I realize it's probably considered processed but I'm looking for a Gluten & Soy free Greens supplement (powder not pill) as "Primal" as possible. Preferably organic with no additives (including Stevia et al). Suggested brands? Reviews?

What do you expect it to do?

PaleoGreens and ProGreens are frequently recommended, and I've seen good things about Green Vibrance as well.

Personally, I always trust the Now Foods brand of supplements to offer a great quality-price combo. Their Green Phyto Foods supplement is reasonably priced and has a good-looking set of ingredients. Some people think it tastes gross (too minty), but I don't care about taste.

Quote Originally Posted by maurile View Post
    PaleoGreens and ProGreens are frequently recommended, and I've seen good things about Green Vibrance as well.

Personally, I always trust the Now Foods brand of supplements to offer a great quality-price combo. Their Green Phyto Foods supplement is reasonably priced and has a good-looking set of ingredients. Some people think it tastes gross (too minty), but I don't care about taste.
    Thank you

Barlean's greens is great stuff, too...

Kristy2078 Guest
    Spirulina?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy2078 View Post
    Spirulina?
    The green supplement powders are typically a blend of a lot of stuff, including spirulina, chlorella, wheat grass, barley grass, and 20+ other things.

I just bought this: Amazing Grass, green superfood - Chocolate Cocoa Infusion.

It tastes good, mixes well, and is suitable for vegans (which I take to mean dairy free). It is also gluten free and very low sugar (I sweeten slightly w/ stevia) and mix the powder in with coconut milk.

So far, I'm liking it.

I notice most greens supplements have wheat grass as one of the main ingredients. Is that of any concern from a primal standpoint, or digestive health?

Shop Now
    Amazing Grass Green Superfood is what I use. I put it in smoothies.