Thread: Does this look ok? page

Hawaiigirl is offline Member

Does this look ok?

Shop Now
    For my LHT days 2x/week, is this a good workout?

Squats 4X12
    Rows 4x15
    Dips 4x15
    Overhead Press 3X12
    Pull ups 4X12

Any suggestions or changes? Is this enough to lean out?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Try some deadlifts, push-ups, sprints. You can do 12 reps of pull-ups? Add some weight and hit some low reps! As long as you are progressing, you really can't go too wrong with weight lifting (when sticking with the compound movements.)

I use the assisted pull-up machine

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    I agree w/jessjane, add some deadlifts, pushups, sprints. Also, 12 reps is on the high side to me. i rather lift heavier and fewer reps/more sets. Leaning out will have more to do w/your diet than anything.

robwa1984 is offline Member
    The selection of exercises is really good. Im confused why you would want to do 4 sets though. I do one set. intensely until failure. Once you've done the first set. your remaining 3 are counter productive as your going to be weaker. And therefore almost impossible to make progress. just a thought.

Phkemp is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiigirl View Post
    For my LHT days 2x/week, is this a good workout?

Squats 4X12
    Rows 4x15
    Dips 4x15
    Overhead Press 3X12
    Pull ups 4X12

Any suggestions or changes? Is this enough to lean out?
    For the sake of accuracy...your workouts aren't what will get you to "lean out," that is all about your diet/nutrition. The workouts will build muscle and help you with that "leaned out" look...but only when the fat covering them up is gone.

Workout looks good to me, maybe 3 sets instead of 4 and add pushups and deadlifts. There is no "one true answer" for the best workouts. Some people do one extreme set of each and do very well, others 2, 3 or 4. Try and see what works for you.

Thanks guys!!

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robwa1984 View Post
    The selection of exercises is really good. Im confused why you would want to do 4 sets though. I do one set. intensely until failure. Once you've done the first set. your remaining 3 are counter productive as your going to be weaker. And therefore almost impossible to make progress. just a thought.
    That is fine, but not if you are going for intervals. It's okay to stop, catch you breath, then crush it again.. 2 to 3 times total, in a routine like this.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phkemp View Post
    For the sake of accuracy...your workouts aren't what will get you to "lean out," that is all about your diet/nutrition. The workouts will build muscle and help you with that "leaned out" look...but only when the fat covering them up is gone.

Workout looks good to me, maybe 3 sets instead of 4 and add pushups and deadlifts. There is no "one true answer" for the best workouts. Some people do one extreme set of each and do very well, others 2, 3 or 4. Try and see what works for you.
    +1.

Always remember that Mark describes exercise as about 10-15% of how we can achieve our natural genetic expression. The rest is how we eat, so be SURE to start your foundation on eating. Push those workouts hard, but remember they won't "save" you from not eating primally.

This was the mistake I made on P90x... I was "crushing" myself each and very day... thinking I didn't have to be so good all the time. It wasn't until I read the Primal Blueprint that I realized the wheat-bread subs at subway every day were going to sink me.. no matter how much insane effort I put in each evening with Tony Horton!