Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheat Day ramifications page

ny2001miata is offline Junior Member

Cheat Day ramifications

Shop Now
    How do you feel after a Cheat Day? I fell off the wagon yesterday and was very bad, alot of carbs, sugar and probably MSG. I slept like crap, kept tossing and turning and woke up tired. My back hurts, I feel listless and just blah and need a nap. Didn't even have any alcohol to have made it worthwhile! So anyway, what are your after Cheat Day symptoms? Misery needs company right now, just gotta know I'm not alone. Thanks! ZZZZZZzzzzzzz......

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    Falling off the wagon is not a cheat day.
    A cheat day is planned.
    You simply chose to eat crap for awhile.
    (......next I will probably rant about skipping breakfast being called "Intermittent Fasting")

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'll feel all kinds of weird when i say fuck it and eat whatever. usually, though, i feel bloated, gassy and tired. sleeping is more difficult too. just get back on the primal track and you'll feel fine in no time.

I didn't really plan to eat like crap, just felt like I needed some carbs from Trader Joe's mini-tacos. Only problem was I ate half the box and it snowballed from there into other stuff. So I guess I didn't fall off the wagon, just hung off the back for awhile and scraped my head.

Yep, "all kinds of weird" describes how I feel when eating the bad stuff lately.

davem is offline Senior Member
    I said eff it for one dinner and one breakfast. Coming out of it a day later I still have:
    - Arthritis in my knee
    - Sore back
    - Lethargy
    - Short fuse
    - Raging headache

so while the food was good, the after effects make it less and less worth it.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    When I was doing P90X's meal plan I had a cheat day and I really looked forward to it. With Primal I have almost no desire for a cheat day so I don't take one. Anyone else feel that way?
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPenn View Post
    When I was doing P90X's meal plan I had a cheat day and I really looked forward to it. With Primal I have almost no desire for a cheat day so I don't take one. Anyone else feel that way?
    I'm still pretty new to primal, but yeah, I know what you mean. Primal foods are delicious enough, so other foods don't really sway me as much anymore. I still partake in non-primal foods occasionally, usually more due to social urging than actually wanting it.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

electricfish is offline Junior Member
    I had an off day yesterday as well. I had a couple new potatoes with dinner and then a couple chocolate chip cookies. The potatoes aren't that bad, but the cookies made me feel sick. It was the same headachey, gross feeling I get when I drink diet soda (which is why I never picked up that particular habit). I know it was regular sugar in the cookies, because I baked them myself for my non-primal family. I don't know if it was the flour or sugar that set me off, because I'd been 99.9% off of flour for a month+.

Thanks to one day of eating bad it seems like I'm going back into the low-carb flu today. Can one cheat day cause that?

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ny2001miata View Post
    Thanks to one day of eating bad it seems like I'm going back into the low-carb flu today. Can one cheat day cause that?
    Yup! I get the carb flu everytime I cheat wheather it's one day or a couple of days. It'll take a day or two to flush it out of your system. And then you're back to normal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast