Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFT for Food Cravings (video) page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

EFT for Food Cravings (video)

Primal Fuel
    Some of you have seen me mention EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, aka "tapping") as a tool to eliminate food cravings. As a EFT practitioner, I have seen & experienced the quick results possible with tapping.

Here's a great video showing a demo of EFT for food cravings:
    www.thetappingexperience.com
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Ok I'll say it first: this is weird. If anybody has a problem "get the f out of my life"

It does sound interesting as a technique, but what if you can't link certain food cravings to something that happened in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Ok I'll say it first: this is weird. If anybody has a problem "get the f out of my life"

It does sound interesting as a technique, but what if you can't link certain food cravings to something that happened in your life?
    LOL! Yes, tapping is wierd!

Not all food cravings are caused by something emotional, for sure! However, if you have addressed physical stuff (nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances) and aren't getting anywhere, then EFT is a way to discover and clear whatever emotional stuff might be causing/contributing to the food craving.

It won't hurt, if you are willing to try it, Iniquity. Sometimes tapping for awhile helps me to access the real reason for my issue, even if it isn't obvious right away.

I cleared my lifelong asthma with EFT. I had tried changing my diet, improving my nutrition, all sorts of alternative therapies and nothing else worked.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    LOL! Yes, tapping is wierd!

Not all food cravings are caused by something emotional, for sure! However, if you have addressed physical stuff (nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances) and aren't getting anywhere, then EFT is a way to discover and clear whatever emotional stuff might be causing/contributing to the food craving.

It won't hurt, if you are willing to try it, Iniquity. Sometimes tapping for awhile help me to access the real reason for my issue, even if it isn't obvious right away.

I cleared my lifelong asthma with EFT. I had tried changing my diet, improving my nutrition, all sorts of alternative therapies and nothing else worked.
    I might look up more stuff on it. As of right now I don't know what aspect of my life it would be of use for. You never know though! It's wild that it helped your asthma...

Link me up to a how-to or intro that you trust?

Calibunny is offline Member
    I recently saw an EFT practioner, and in one hour it was as if I had a year's worth of therapy! It turns out that my sugar addiction was due to all kinds of crap that happened in my childhood. EFT is an amazing modality, and the best thing about it, is it doesnt take years to work. I recommend it to anyone who has addictions, phobias or childhood issues. It SEEMS crazy, and I wouldnt do any tapping in front of co-workers, but the results speak for themselves. 50 years worth of issues gone in just a couple of sessions.

Give it a try, if you are struggling with an addiction! It sure beats years and years of traditional therapy.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    DF, this made me cry. I have been Primal almost 11 months, but still having problems with binge days a few times a month. I've lessened them with supplements and PMS relief techniques. Recently though I've been back to bingeing every night. Why am I losing it? I think My Mom is losing her battle with cancer among other major stress factors in my life right now.

There is a new business in town that teaches EFT. I think I'll go check them out.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Silky is offline Senior Member
    EFT is great. I've had great success with it in a number of areas of my life including serious trauma and phobias. Not had such grea success with food issues but then I was eating a high carb diet when i was doing it. I guess that's like cleaning your kitchen floor each morning then tramping in with muddy boots 6 times a day! It's not going to work. I definitely have emotional issues around food so now that I am on a better diet it should be easier to clear them.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I second the effectiveness of EFT. I use it with my developmentally challenged 18 year old son to address anger issues, anxiety and serious negative self-image. The underlying message of all EFT, loving yourself, is so valuable to him and I can help him rescue himself from rage situations. I haven't tried it to address food issues myself, but I can attest to it's power.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I might look up more stuff on it. As of right now I don't know what aspect of my life it would be of use for. You never know though! It's wild that it helped your asthma...

Link me up to a how-to or intro that you trust?
    I've personally used it for fear of public speaking, anxiety, money issues, sleep issues, allergies. I've helped clients with chronic depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, pregnancy fears & nausea, money issues, relationship issues, serious illness and more.

EFT Universe is a good place. You can do a search on your issues to find articles. Free downloadable manual--but I would stick to videos for brevity's sake.

Tapping.com has good how-to videos.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    DF, this made me cry. I have been Primal almost 11 months, but still having problems with binge days a few times a month. I've lessened them with supplements and PMS relief techniques. Recently though I've been back to bingeing every night. Why am I losing it? I think My Mom is losing her battle with cancer among other major stress factors in my life right now.

There is a new business in town that teaches EFT. I think I'll go check them out.
    I'm so sorry about your Mom, Pebbles. I hope that EFT can bring you some peace.

If the folks in town don't work out, pm me & we can find a practitioner who can work with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast