Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paleo Challenges with a Hubby and a Kiddo page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My meat-cautious kiddo ate two Paleo burgers yesterday. My husband pointed out they were no burgers but Salbury steaks. Whatever the name, they were yum & much less work than rolling meatballs! I think I am getting a hang of how to cook meats so my kiddo eats them. Yay! Plain yogurt that magically has different fruit falling in continues to be cool & eggs are fun when we are picknicking. Life's getting better.

Challenge for today: doing baking, German Cake Chocolate cookies. The challenge is obviously not dipping fingers into ingredients. Hubby & kiddo will keep a dozen, the other two go to work with mommy for the team meeting. I woke up in the "Fat and Ugly" mood, so that should help with dodging chocolate. I am allowing myself picking the nuts though.

Dinner: split tonight: all-natural dogs for hubby & daughter; liver and onions on mushed cauliflower for me.
    Shared Dinner: The fresh re-seeded lettuces are just coming up in the garden looking beautiful, so I need to move myself to make salad, me thinks. Fruit plate will be honey-dew melon and plums

Myself: broth; Lunch/pre-workout: sardines, herring, cucumber, red bell pepper, egg whites if still hungry. Dinner: liver & onion + shared portion
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with ham and mushrooms, a bit of cheese; Lunch: leftover Salsbury steak and fresh veggies; dinner: dogs + shared portion, milk and honey (sick), cookies (C#1)
    Daugher: dinner: dogs + shared portion, yogurt for snacks, cookies
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Ate a couple of small apples while baking cookies, but did not eat any baking ingredients, appart from the cashews. So, good going in my books.

I had a nice morning, woke up a bit later because it is gym morning (4:15 am, woot!), and went to cook hubby's breakfast, then chopped some herbs in the garden and prepped the chicken to go into the slow-cooker, get it going. Had my coffeee, packed my bags, went to lift things, read a good story on the bus, felt so pumped walking through downtown. Then saw my belly and thighs when changing in the office, and all the swagger went out of me. I know I must have faith that it is possible to get a flat stomach without starving oneself on the artificially low calories, but it's hard to keep doubts at bay.

Shared Dinner: Slow-cooked chicken, fresh salad, brown butter zuccini-linguini, fruit plate: honey-dew, plums, peach

Myself: broth; post-workout: sweet potato + a can of tuna with horseradish; late lunch: sardines, herring, cucumber, egg whites if still hungry. Dinner: Shared Dinner, berries
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with ham and mushrooms, a bit of cheese; Lunch: leftover Salsbury steak and white rice; dinner: Shared Dinner + rice, milk and honey (sick)
    Daugher: dinner: Shared Dinner, yogurt for snacks

Still in the 'body image issues cloud my mind' phase. What it is this week, dunno. Just annoying.

Remembered yesterday that I do not eat dairy before making zuccini linguini, so we just had salad with the chicken. I threw in a few avocado slices and sunflower seeds into mine for fat. Hubby's throat feels better, so he doesn't have to have milk+honey any more. But I did bring home 3 leftover cookies, that the hubby and the kiddo honestly shared.

I really like adding rhubarb into my smoothies, so after I have harvested all I have in the garden, I will start experimenting with adding other veggies into my smoothies to reduce berries amount. Cucumber, spinach and cabbage are my first candidates to try out. Yum.

Shared Dinner: Slow-cooked chicken, grilled zuccini and eggplant chips; fruit plate: honey-dew, plums, peach

Myself: broth; egg whites, ham and cucmber; late lunch: sardines, herring, cucumber, egg whites if still hungry. Dinner: Shared Dinner, berries
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with ham and mushrooms, a bit of cheese; Lunch: leftover chicken and white rice; dinner: Shared Dinner
    Daugher: dinner: Shared Dinner, yogurt for snacks

Sheesh, we are out of yogurt. But my dd yesterday announced that she now LOVES butter, so thanks goodness, no more buying margarine (it made me twitch inside every time I had to!)

Shared dinner: the last of our grass-fed Sirloin steaks, stir-fry with assorted mushrooms, carrot, cabbage and shiritake noodles. Fruit plate: honeydew, plums

Myself: broth; post-workout: sweet potato + a can of tuna with horseradish; late lunch: sardines, herring, cucumber, egg whites if still hungry. Dinner: Shared Dinner, berries+ rhubarb smoothie (YUM!)
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with zuccini, ham and mushrooms, a bit of cheese; Lunch: leftover veggies and ??? (CRAP! forgotten! gotta tell him to thaw something); snacks: boiled eggs (he complained of hunger yesterday, so the breaking point in the weight loss now) dinner: Shared Dinner
    Daugher: dinner: Shared Dinner, smoothie

DD really likes sandwiches with sprout grain bread and butter. Gotta get that yogurt, but I am afraid she will still consume a fair bit of grains. Well, that's how it is. On the good side, she is eating her meat now very well.

Added cucumber into berry smootie as there were almost no rhubarb left, thumbs up!

Shared dinner: I really like the curry coconut meatloaf recipe from the coconut coockbook, but I do not have 1.5 hours to cook dinner, so i will probably make a curried fry up in cocnut milk sauce to serve on steamed zuccini and cauliflower. I am thinking daughter won't touch the sauce. (Sigh)

Myself: broth; lunch: leftover steak (~ 2oz), egg, tomato, cucumber; late lunch: herring, 1/2 avocado, cabbage. Dinner: Shared Dinner, berries+ rhubarb smoothie (YUM!)
    Hubby's breakfast: skop breakfast; Lunch: leftover steak + stir-fry; snacks: boiled eggs; dinner: Shared Dinner + fruit plate (plums)
    Daugher: dinner: Shared Dinner (???), smoothie, plums and I assume a couple of slices of bread with butter.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Looks like you are making progress on the family front, that's great! Don't sweat the grains, you are at least getting good stuff in her. Eventually, she may stop eating them on her own.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thank you It will have to be her choice after all, that's right. I am just glad she is eating meat now more readily.

Bad weekend for me: evening binges. So, cleaning up this week. Kindda a horror-week for me, because I have to take Friday off to take the kiddo to her first Kindergarden class, and then it is the Labor Day Monday, which means 4 days off work. Which means, fridge too close for comfort. We will do day trips and such, but the evenings will be a nightmare.

On the bright, really bright side, the PB/Paleo works really fantastic for my husband, he loses 2 lbs a week like a clock & is happy as a clam. He told me yesterday: "Yeah, you can't argue with this approach."

Myself: broth. Dinner: liver and mushed cauliflower, watermelon
    Hubby's breakfast: mushroom, ham and cheese omlette; Lunch: leftover short rib + veggies; dinner: ribs, grilled zuccini/eggplant + watermelon
    Daugher: dinner: all natural hot dogs + veggies, watermelon, yogurt

Really bad start of the day: early neurotic wake-up, protein bar pre-workout due to the lack of sleep induced hunger. Gonna muddle through today, trying to feed as little as possible.

Shared Dinner: Chicken shiritake noodle soup; watermelon

Myself: protein bar; post-workout: sweet potato + a small slice of chicken brerast; late lunch: canned salmon, cucumber, red cabbage. Dinner: Shared Dinner
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with ham and mushrooms, a bit of cheese; Lunch: leftover veggies and 2 all-natural hot dogs; dinner: Shared Dinner
    Daugher: dinner: Shared Dinner, yogurt

Shared Dinner: Chicken shiritake noodle soup; peaches

Myself: STOP day, broth + some cababge if needed. Dinner: Shared Dinner
    Hubby's breakfast: sandwich (too tired to cook breakkie for him, mia culpa); Lunch: leftover veggies and chicken breast; dinner: Shared Dinner

Completely out of the left field, my life got re-arranged in the last 2 days. Due to bus routes stuff, I am now going to be telecommuting in the afternoons from home to be able to bring my child to Kindergarden, since there is no bus we relied on last spring. My life will become even more regimented, with absolutely fixed hours, Monday through Friday. I will also have to learn to cope to staying home in the afternoons, right there by the kitchen.

I will also have to re-adjust to not being able to lift first thing in the morning, and fight the high-school crowds in the gyms. But pool will be easier. I will probably be doing more kettlebells. I also am going to try a Turbo-CRANK & Core class, with 40 min spin and 20 min of pointless 'CORE', but heck, I can always stretch while they do many crunches. Maybe they will do planks, I will do planks, no problem.

And, i am investigating the ways of getting some kind of fitness that will not disgust my hubby, and will be Primal oriented. So far, i think about adding family Dance Fiesta or pool visit once a week, and seeing if we all can do 5 sets of push-ups together. I mean, he is almost 200 lbs, a push-up is lifting heavy for him, and it will not involve his weak hips. I will see if he can plank without any discomfort & do a wall sit. Again, the idea is to heal, not to harm!

Overoll, it was all so sterssful, that I was gardening and missing all high impact cardio since Monday. I feel like gardening or a nap instead of KBs today as well, and I am tempted to agree with my sleepy eyelids to miss KBs.

Shared Dinner: steaks, grilled zuccini and eggplant chips; watermelon

Myself: STOP day, broth + some cababge + eggwhites (2 pm). Dinner: Shared Dinner
    Hubby's breakfast: omlette with zuccini, mushrooms, ham & cheese; Lunch: leftover veggies and chicken breast; dinner: Shared Dinner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123