Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancestral health symposium page

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member

Ancestral health symposium

Primal Fuel
    Thought folks here might enjoy this article on the recent Ancestral Health Symposium in LA. It has some good words about Mark (who was one of the speakers), the PB, and Jack Kruse, among others: A Libertarianís Take on the First Ever Ancestral Health Symposium In by Karen De Coster

Also mentioned favorably is a book by Nora Gedgaudus called "Primal Mind, Primal Body: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life"; has anyone read it? I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds interesting.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    That was a pretty stupid attempt to promote libertarianism instead of just a report on the AHS.

I can see reasons why some libbies get excited about Primal/Paleo-it gives them a way to do what they do, blame government for anything they can think of.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I liked Primal Mind, Primal Body. A little carb-phobic, but good nonetheless.

mgoodness is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    That was a pretty stupid attempt to promote libertarianism instead of just a report on the AHS.

I can see reasons why some libbies get excited about Primal/Paleo-it gives them a way to do what they do, blame government for anything they can think of.
    +1, my sentiments exactly

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, good article.

DFH, I think there's a huge over-lap of Libertarians and Paleo/Primal people on various issues. (FDA raids versus freedom to choose our own diets, for example.) Everybody here who considers him/herself a Libertarian, raise your hand. "Me, me".

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by mgoodness View Post
    +1, my sentiments exactly
    High five.

If I thought it would be worth the trouble, I could write a similar political piece that argues that Primal/Paleo supports left wing political ideas, and then write one that shoots that down and proves that Primal/Paleo debunks the left and the libertarians. Anyone can do propaganda!

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Thanks, good article.

DFH, I think there's a huge over-lap of Libertarians and Paleo/Primal people on various issues. (FDA raids versus freedom to choose our own diets, for example.) Everybody here who considers him/herself a Libertarian, raise your hand. "Me, me".
    Yes, there is, but see the post I just made. You could also argue that Primal/Paleo debunks libertarians and is left wing.

The overlap is real, but don't make the mistake of thinking that Primal/Paleo validates anyone's political biases.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    High five.

If I thought it would be worth the trouble, I could write a similar political piece that argues that Primal/Paleo supports left wing political ideas, and then write one that shoots that down and proves that Primal/Paleo debunks the left and the libertarians. Anyone can do propaganda!
    Go for it. Spirited discussion is always good, and I'm interested in how one would tie together left-wing politics and primal...

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Go for it. Spirited discussion is always good, and I'm interested in how one would tie together left-wing politics and primal...
    The leftie part would be easy.

Just an outline-

Primal/Paleo is left/liberal because it supports "power to the people-" small, organic farms and it opposes big factory farms and big agribusiness's Frankenfoods. Bad government advice and subsidies are not proof that government is the problem. The real problem is that big agribusiness has kidnapped government for it's own purposes. Take the power back, etc...

It's actually not that different from what the libertarians are trying to make of it, but the main difference is that libertarians are trying to say that bad official advice and big subsidies are due to the existence of government. The lefty would just say that government has been kidnapped.

Since it is impossible to simply eliminate government, unless you are dreaming, which is more practical? Ending government, or addressing the fact that government has been kidnapped?

The main defect in the libertarian's thinking is that if you eliminate government, big business, free of it's chains, will make all the right decisions. Read up on how big companies like Monsanto behave and then try to convince me that they just need to be left alone. Yeah, right!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm wanting to get my hands on that book - already looked to see if the library had it because I'm broke and just don't have much more room on the ole bookshelf....but I guess that can be a good thing. (not the broke part)

I wish more of the books I'm dying to read were available as Ebooks! My Nook is ready to roll!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast