Thread: Winter Solstice Plans page

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The shortest light period of the season is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere. Anyone got plans? I'm doing my second round on "Fight Gone Bad" at Crossfit to guage any improvement over the last 3 months since I joined up.

And a 24 hour fast seems in order, with an EARLY bed time. What you all have planned?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Nothing special by way of eating/exercising. I'm hoping my neice has her baby- how wonderful if he were born on the Solstice!

I'm going to the dentist, then I'm going to start my baking. I picked up some seasonal favorites- eggnog, chestnuts, and a pomegranate. Debating on getting cranberries.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

Merry Yule time! ... I plan to carb up for a long winter slumber with some grog mead beer and football and eggnog..before I go back to my primal ZC bulk when I go back to school. I do miss the awesome way I feel when I am eating huge amounts of red meat and fat one meal a day at night. I'm a puny 170, but I am definitely making sure to lift and workout when I am gorging on all these winter goodies and gaining weight.

Have a good one!!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Ho, ho, ho, Jolly Solstice to all!

My cardio bunny neighbor is coming to the Y with me this morning so I can show her how to lift weights. Her idea, not mine. She says she wants to look like me; how can I turn down a plea for help like that?

Plus, the schools are now closed, so this is the first day of two weeks off. Wheee!

mikecheliak is offline Junior Member

Happy Festivus for the Rest of Us! I always look forward to this day as it marks the slow climb back into warmth and light.

My big plan includes last minute shopping, a trip to the gym and a nice nap.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

It's tradition for this pagan to stay up to welcome the sun back in the morning as the earth shifts back into light. Hopefully my two friends'll be coming over too for the festivities and I made a paleo-pumpkin cake last night that we'll eat. Toss a big log on the fireplace and party til dawn.

jc2bg Guest

Paleo pumpkin cake sounds nice. Is this a posted recipe, and/or can you share?

JC

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I just came in from playing in the snow; the kids are still out. In a few minutes I'm making a fire. I already have turkey breast roasting in the oven. Next up is to throw some squash in and then I'm breaking out the dandelion wine. Woohoo!!!