Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other hammock hangers? page

mercop is offline Member

Any other hammock hangers?

Primal Fuel
    I got into it about a year ago and started off with a Eno Doublenest. Did a few trips and slept in the yard a lot. It finally gave out when my kid lit a smoke bomb and an ember put a hole into it. Now I rock a Warbonnet Blackbird, which is kinda like the Cadillac of hammocks. For a decent everyday hammock to cut your teeth on I recommend the Lightweight from Grand Trunk for about $20.

I figure sleeping on the ground is most primal, but I dig hanging instead...anyone else?- George

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I am looking at sleeping hammocks, planning on making one my next purchase after the bed/mattress I currently own craps out.

How do you like it? Also, some 'primitive' societies made frequent use of sleeping hammocks -- I happen to recall several South American nations/groups.
    Last edited by Velocity; 08-15-2011 at 05:15 AM.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Lukys is offline Member
    It depends on the culture, whether sleeping on the ground is most primal. In the rainforest I doubt anyone has ever slept on the ground, given the poisonous things that crawl around there.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Love my eno. Mostly nap in it during the day and retire to the tent in the evening though.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

mercop is offline Member
    I did 13 hrs in 13 degrees in January. On a scale of 1-10 I was about a 7. Just need to know what you are doing to stay comfy- George

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    but I dig hanging instead...anyone else?
    I use a Hennessy Expedition when I'm outdoors. I had a zipper (access) modification added and sewed a large tarp for it. I love sleeping off the ground as at my age that ground seems to be getting harder each year.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love the hammocks but haven't slept in either of ours yet. They are tied to trees and may not be optimally spaced so they seem to sag too much for a comfy nights rest

mercop is offline Member

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My brother is a hammock person and uses one when camping and sometimes when he's home. My partner and I brought back a traditional Mayan hammock from our trip to the Yucatan last year, but I haven't hung it up yet. I am considering finding a spot in the basement to hang it for the winter months. Not sure it would replace my bed, but as a spot to sprawl, read, and nap, I love them.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

GingerYeti is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Only a year+ late to this party...

Love sleeping in my hammock. Started off on a whim back in February and turned into a passion. I finally got it hung in my bedroom where I blacked out the windows. Sleep has never been so good.

Next up, figure out how to hang a hammock in the dessert....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast