Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Please :) page

Hawaiigirl is offline Member

Need Help Please :)

Primal Fuel
    Ok so I have been doing primal for about 3 months now but just can't figure out a good workout plan. I have a gym membership and have continued to do my normal weight lifting 4x/week which takes forever in the gym. I have read Mark's Primal fitness ebook and I don't have access to a pull up bar where I can do all the exercises in a cycle. Will doing all of the 5 exercises one at a time for however many sets and reps work? (3 sets of push ups, 3 sets of squats, etc.)

Sorry guys I am having a hard time here! I just want to make sure I am doing enough. Or can I just do one exercise for each body part, 3 sets, 12-15 reps?

My goal is to lean out. I am 22 yrs old, 5'6" and weigh 150lbs. What do you all recommend?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so you've got your "lift heavy things" down pat. What about moving slowly for long periods of time and sprinting all out every once in a while? Make sure you have those bases covered too, they are just as important as lifting weights.

I do move slowly 4 days a week for 30 min and serve tables 5 nights a week so I move around a lot. I also do my sprints on other machines (elliptical, stairstepper, etc.) because my knee bothers me.

I don't have my LHT down though because I don't know what to do in the gym. That's where I am a little lost and that was my question up above. So what can I do of those options I listed?

OK, so it sounds like all your fitness bases are being covered. How long have you been primal? You're similar in body build to me (I'm 5'7" and 155lbs) so it is safe to assume that your body fat level is in the normal range - so if you want to lean out (ie. lose body fat) it may be time for some fork put-downs and table push-aways. Exercise alone will only get you so far (trust me, I know!)
    Last edited by unchatenfrance; 08-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.

What do you do for your workouts?

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Ask someone at the gym to help you with the weights. This is going to sound really silly and stupid, but, I actually started off by doing the "Truth About Six Pack Abs" workout. The weight lifting part is only 30mins. It uses free weights. I just printed off what I wanted to do. Brought it to the gym. Asked the gym guy to help me and make sure I was doing every right. Worked out really nice.

If I can't go to the gym (or just don't want to) I have 5L water bottles in my house. They make great weights! Most of the free weight stuff can be done with anything, giant water bottles, kettle balls, babies, etc.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Also, working out LESS may be beneficial. There is no need to lift 4 days a week, especially if the workout takes "forever" as you said. If it's taking "forever" it's probably because you're doing a lot of isolation exercises. Stick to the compound ones like in the PB Fitness plan and see how that goes.

Any other suggestions on a routine I could do on LHT days??

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    This article may help you: A Weighty Question The Ludus

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiigirl View Post
    Ok so I have been doing primal for about 3 months now but just can't figure out a good workout plan. I have a gym membership and have continued to do my normal weight lifting 4x/week which takes forever in the gym. I have read Mark's Primal fitness ebook and I don't have access to a pull up bar where I can do all the exercises in a cycle. Will doing all of the 5 exercises one at a time for however many sets and reps work? (3 sets of push ups, 3 sets of squats, etc.)

Sorry guys I am having a hard time here! I just want to make sure I am doing enough. Or can I just do one exercise for each body part, 3 sets, 12-15 reps?

My goal is to lean out. I am 22 yrs old, 5'6" and weigh 150lbs. What do you all recommend?
    “BODY BY SCIENCE” — ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
    BODY BY SCIENCE (VIDEO 5): THE SCIENCE OF FAT LOSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast