Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kale is... delicious?! Recipe+Question :) page 2

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not a fan of kale chips myself, but kale is a favorite food of mine...This frittata is a nice way to incorporate a lot of it..
    Spiced Beef and Kale Frittata
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Savannah is offline Member
    Lol, I checked back in and WOW there are quite a lot of things to do with kale. I tried the kale chips-- really good, although I think I overcooked them a little bit (something I'm sure will improve with practice ) Kale salad's next in line, probably tonight. Thanks guys!

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Buttered kale:

a bunch of kale ripped up
    about 1/2 stick of butter
    chopped garlic (optional
    salt (optional - if butter isn't salted)

Melt butter, toss in kale, stir until butter is all soaked up, put in garlic and salt if using. Stir around and let the garlic toast, but be careful not to overcook it.

akm3 is offline Member
    This sounds good but will it cause the olive oil to turn into transfats? (referring to a post that said to rip kale, add olive oil and sea salt and bake for 400 degrees/8minutes)

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I eat a lot of kale, but I prefer the Dino kale over the curly edge kale ... raw in salads, chopped and throw in with scrambled eggs, kale chips, love it just wilted in a stir-fry, use the small tender leaves as wraps for boiled egg, or leftover meats ... Love this stuff !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

willowbean13 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kale soup...

Fry tiny potato dices, garlic, leek and onion in bacon fat. Add in pork sausage and dried cayenne or chili pepper and cook until done. Add (chicken?) stock. Reduce. Toss in shredded kale and cook until very wilted. Add cream and heat through. Also good without the potato.
    Last edited by willowbean13; 08-24-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: forgot ingredients :s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12