Thread: Belly Dancing!! page

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member

Belly Dancing!!

Ok, this is kind of stupid, but I am just really excited about it.....

Living primal has made me a better belly dancer!!!!!!!

I'm an intermediate level belly dancer. It's not something to do seriously. I have taken some classes and just find it really fun, and well also sexy I haven't belly danced in maybe 6 months. So after listening to Mark's talk at the ancestral symposium about play I decided that it would be something fun to do tonight. So I put on some of my favorite middle eastern music and started dancing.

OMGs moves that were hard to do before are just effortless! All my muscles seem to actually be working together! I can do isolation that before I couldn't do with out weeks of practice! This is me just doing it on a whim with no practice for 6 months!! It's blowing my mind right now.

Also I can see my stomach muscles!! This is the first time. I can see my muscles moving!!

Sorry got really excited, needed to share!
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Yay!!! good for you!

I've been tribal belly dancing for almost 10 years with the same 4 tassel belts. Since going Primal they are all too big.... It is kind of sad because of how much work they took to make but I am calling it a victory.

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Nix - oh that is so fun! I love dancing - belly and other. It is like play. Congrats on being able to move the way you wanted.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Pics!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Pics? Video! Perv! I know

Jiggling a fine soufflé around is one thing ... and it's a good thing ... perfecting the art and getting those muscles visibly moving is quite another. Superb! Congrats! I hope your other half appreciates it!

Nix
    Haha, thanks!

@ Zophie: I LOVE tribal belly dance! Unfortunately I have only taken one class in tribal. It was a lot of fun. Most of my education has been in Egyptian. Which isn't really my favorite style but all that has been available for me to take. It still super fun though. Luckily my coin belt is adjustable so I can still wear it, but usually I just were my practice hip scarf that scatters coins every where. Next addition of play I am going to pretend to be a pirate and pick up all the coins.

@Andtckrtoo: I love dance too! I also do Latin dance styles, however, harder to do alone. Though I find when ever I am feeling kind of grumpy etc, dancing to some good music always lifts my spirits.

@rayou and pjgh: LOL maybe after I loose my last bit of weight and you can see my abs with out me flexing I'll do an entire Primal inspired belly dance routine.
    Current weight 130lbs

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    I need pics too.
    For technical evaluations.
    Nice weight loss.

Nix
    Thanks Donnn! The closer I get to my goal the more I can't believe it. You know I have tried diet and exercise so many times before and just failed miserably. Now that I am not trying very hard at all and its just working. I'm not getting burnt out, in fact I have more energy... I'm having fun... this can't be right! LOL

Anyways, I am definitely Primal for life. The changes it has brought to my life are just amazing.
    Current weight 130lbs

Calibunny is offline Member
    Way to go Nix! I was a Tribal Style Belly Dancer about 10 years ago. I danced with a troupe called Sacred Skin. Just reading your post made me want to dance again! Who knows, I may just go back to it when I lose the belly fat. Its a great workout! Thanks for the inspiration!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that's awesome! belly dancing is *so* healthy, it was designed around women's health, apparently.