Thread: Excited To Be Here! page

IrishJJ27 is offline Junior Member

Excited To Be Here!

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,
    My name is John and I have been eating primally now for about 20 days, with a few hiccups in there... I had a rehearsal dinner and wedding last week! Anyway, a little about me: I'm almost 37 years old and have been a police officer for almost 12 years. I have been plagued for the past 6 years or so with extremely high triglycerides and have been placed on meds for it. My goal is to lose weight (I weighed 208 about a month ago but hopefully Im down, I dont have a scale) and to bring my numbers down without drugs. Thanks to Mark's book I understand the horrors of grains and am terrified to eat them, let alone have cravings for them! I wanted to introduce myself but also ask a fitness related question.. My thighs are quite large from years of heavy squats and lots of running. If I wanted to lose mass on my legs would I benefit from dropping strength exercises for legs and just concentrate on long hikes? I follow Mark's Primal Blue Print Fitness as best I can, strength training three times per week. Any advice concerning shrinking my legs would be appreciated! Thanks for reading!
    Sincerely,
    John

Animord is offline Member
    Hi John, I don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to the site!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome John. You might repost the question on the primal fitness or primal for athletes forums. I can't tell you anything specific about your legs.

80% of primal fitness is nutrition. The goal of exercise is to do as little of it as you can so you have time to play. Intense sprints twice a week. Short, intense resistance once a week. Stay active. Some long hikes are fine if you rest in between. Otherwise, any specific exercise that helps you in your job.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.