Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strength Training Videos? page

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

Question Strength Training Videos?

I just finished 3 months of Chalean Extreme & I am looking to change it up. I would like videos that have full body strength training, lifting to failure in 6-12 reps and no more than 45 min. Any DVDs or online videos would be much appreciated!

Also, anyone know where I can get a decently priced weight set? My dream is the Bowflex select tec but who the hell can afford that? I really only need them to be up to 25-30 lbs each.

P.S.
    Please don't say P90X!
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if it will meet your needs, but I love BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv for quick, intense, primal style workouts.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

me2
    Where do you find the full workout videos?

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    full body strength training, lifting to failure in 6-12 reps
    Why would you want a video for this?
    How would it even work?

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Tony Horton 1-on-1. Great stuff.

Also, I have P90x, but to apply the HIIT principles, I simply do half a video and push harder than doing the full hour or so. So if I had to do it again I wouldn't spend the money on P90x, based on the fact that it's designed as a brutal daily routine.. and can bring you dangerously close to chronic cardio.

I just finished 3 months of Chalean Extreme & I am looking to change it up. I would like videos that have full body strength training, lifting to failure in 6-12 reps and no more than 45 min. Any DVDs or online videos would be much appreciated!
    If you are looking for ways to improve STRENGTH with weights, nothing will ever beat 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe (which also has a DVD for the movements described in SS). This can, and most definately will, be the best investment in regards to weight training.

If you are looking to utilize a bodyweight strength training program, the best exercises are: Burpees, Indian Pushups, Indian Squats. All provide Strength/Strength Endurance/Cardio benefits, just to name the few. Best of all: ITS BODYWEIGHT, SO ITS FREE.

Another option is checking out RossTraining.com Blog, look under 'products' and check out 'Infinate Intensity', or my personal favorite, 'Never Gymless.' Ross is an extraordinary trainer and his ideas/programs might possibly be what you are looking for. He also has a web-sticky for homemade equipment, which you could check out to make your own weights (which I have done myself).

js290 is offline Senior Member

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Also, anyone know where I can get a decently priced weight set? My dream is the Bowflex select tec but who the hell can afford that? I really only need them to be up to 25-30 lbs each.
    Bowflex is not a weight set - it's a machine (and a crappy one at that). You're much better off with freeweights. If you're looking to buy cheap ones, try Craigslist. If you don't want to buy used, go to Modell's.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Tadas is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles.kealoha View Post
    If you are looking for ways to improve STRENGTH with weights, nothing will ever beat 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe (which also has a DVD for the movements described in SS). This can, and most definately will, be the best investment in regards to weight training.
    +1
    I would add that it is also very good for gaining muscle size. But, as Rippetoe puts it: "Don't fuck witch the fucking program"
    Last edited by Tadas; 08-15-2011 at 06:53 AM.

me2
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Bowflex is not a weight set - it's a machine (and a crappy one at that). You're much better off with freeweights. If you're looking to buy cheap ones, try Craigslist. If you don't want to buy used, go to Modell's.
    Actually the selecttech are these amazing dumbbells where you put them in their holster & dial the weight you want. You only have a set of two or all weight levels you want.

Bowflex® SelectTech® | Homepage

@ everyone else: I CANT WAIT to try these out! Thanks so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast