Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all diabetics.... page

brandibangs is offline Member

Cool Calling all diabetics....

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, I was diagnosed with diabetes in June. It's because I put on almost 100lbs. Prior to that, at normal weight, I was hypoglycemic. (So are my dad and my sisters). I am finding that going primal has returned my sugars to normal.
    I guess I was wondering everyone else's experiences? Also, when/if you "cheat", what do you cheat with? The minute I even think about a grain my blood sugar goes back through the roof.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Don't ever cheat. If you're a diabetic, you cannot afford to cheat.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Thanks Griff. The few times I've even tried... my sugars went up... so I was curious. Thank you so much! This has been the only way of eating that has returned my sugars to normal levels btw. I'm not used to it. I was such a pasta/rice/bread lover before! lol.

peril is offline Senior Member
    +1 for not cheating. Not diabetic but I have CVD so don't even think about it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I haven't really wanted too.... almost all if any cravings are gone. Except sometimes I will have a beer. That is it. I've completely cut chips, bread, grains, rice... all of it. thanks for the input guys.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    No cheating at all.

I was diagnosed as type 2 in March. With a fasting glucose of 158 and A1C 7.5

In 3 months, my A1C went to 5.4, and I had lost nearly 40 pounds. (257 to 220).

Plus, my trigs went from 214 to 84, bad cholesterol from 158 to 116. (Good cholesterol surprisingly unchanged at 42).

Today I am flirting with dropping below 200, and I feel 2000% better than just 6 months ago.

I would no sooner cheat with my old diet than I would "cheat" with drain cleaner.

That's amazing Waskydiver! thank you for sharing! My fasting was 141 and my A1c was 6 (I think). I don't have the other results but I've lost 21 lbs since mid June.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating Primal since the end of May and I haven't cheated. I don't have to cheat for my blood sugar to spike - I just have to eat too much. I've noticed that my spike numbers are getting lower(I don't spike very often) - so I am healing.

Me too. The first two weeks were hell and I still thought I could eat how I was sort of used to eating. talk about highs..... almost passing out... so sick.... it was crazy! I occasionally get a high there and high but I stay in normal range. again, it's higher than what I was at normal weight , but it's in normal range.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    My hba1c was 9.2 in October 2010. It was 5.5 this past May. That was about 95% primal at all times. PB is worth it.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast