Thread: Help me help my kiddo? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Help me help my kiddo?

Primal Fuel
    I have my step-daughter (11) with me this weekend, and she's complaining of having nausea and more frequent and more strained poops for the past couple days. Her other family feeds her SAD (ramen, peanut butter sandwiches, boxed/frozen foods). She's upped her activity because she has cheer practice every night for these two wees before the season starts. She says she's getting 8-9 hours of sleep every night and that she's drinking water (not juice or milk) throughout the day and during practice.

I think her intestines are obviously unhappy, but I'm not sure what's causing it. Because she normally eats crappy food, I'm less inclined to think it's her normal diet, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have suggestions or thoughts for exploration?
    Last edited by jqbancroft; 08-12-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'd probably ensure she has plenty of veg and fruit, along with no grains. Add some coconut oil in smoothies or cooking. It's not unusual for kids to get constipated, particularly on a typical CW SAD diet.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'd probably ensure she has plenty of veg and fruit, along with no grains. Add some coconut oil in smoothies or cooking. It's not unusual for kids to get constipated, particularly on a typical CW SAD diet.
    While this is how she eats with us, I don't have any control over her diet at home. I understand that primal is best. I was hoping to generate some ideas I could share with her so she can make informed decisions.