Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: financial advisor needed for student loans page

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member

financial advisor needed for student loans

Primal Fuel
    alright I will need 6K for 6 months (my employer reimburses me at the end of the semester); however I am responsible for the upfront payment. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money to throw down.
    Any advice from a sharp thinking paleo financial advisor ?

Look what happens when you go paleo, you get a bunch of energy and go back to school while continuing to work

el_barto is offline Junior Member
    Home equity line of credit or a title loan on you car (assuming you own it and it's worth enough). I'd bet you could get a short term loan form the bank if you have good credit- you'll like need to be making payments for 6 months whatever you do.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    No, no, no. NO. Bad idea.

Currently doing both full time work and full time school. It SUCKS!

Best bet, seek out Dave Ramsey's books on finances and follow it to the letter. You will not find bad financial advice there.

As for the current moment... if you can't pay for it now without working extra, maybe it's better to put it off for 6 months while you save up. Just work like a crazy person until you have 6 grand to throw down on school.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by el_barto View Post
    Home equity line of credit or a title loan on you car (assuming you own it and it's worth enough). I'd bet you could get a short term loan form the bank if you have good credit- you'll like need to be making payments for 6 months whatever you do.
    Definitely bad advise. Put you into bankruptcy pretty quick.
    Georgette

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    No, no, no. NO. Bad idea.

Currently doing both full time work and full time school. It SUCKS!

Best bet, seek out Dave Ramsey's books on finances and follow it to the letter. You will not find bad financial advice there.

As for the current moment... if you can't pay for it now without working extra, maybe it's better to put it off for 6 months while you save up. Just work like a crazy person until you have 6 grand to throw down on school.
    Agree. Ramsey is the best.
    Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Peter Schiff makes Dave Ramsey look like a total monetary fool.

@OP: According to Schiff, you should not pay for any education at all because the costs of education are in a bubble induced by government guaranteed student loans. According to Schiff you are better off just learning what skills you need on the job.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i agree with schiff. unless you can see a discernable increase in income coming from your education, just learn as you go.

ironically, i train yoga teachers -- and make income from it -- and still encourage them to know ahead of time how long it's going to take to 'pay themselves back' (even if they can pay for it up front), and what increase in lifestyle or income it will bring them taking the educational training that they want.

so, either ask the employer to pay up front for you (some will do it), or save up and do it next semester, or just don't do it.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Peter Schiff makes Dave Ramsey look like a total monetary fool.

@OP: According to Schiff, you should not pay for any education at all because the costs of education are in a bubble induced by government guaranteed student loans. According to Schiff you are better off just learning what skills you need on the job.
    I do like the way you think, Grok. Peter Schiff is my stock broker, and has done very well for me. Not sure how he feels about the PB, but I'll forgive any transgressions on that front. lol

P.S. For a prescient look at college costs, read "The Fall of the Ivory Tower," by George Roche, who was then president of Hillsdale College. It was written in the early to mid 1990s, and described the bubble that your post refers to.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    I do like the way you think, Grok. Peter Schiff is my stock broker, and has done very well for me. Not sure how he feels about the PB, but I'll forgive any transgressions on that front. lol
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about PB yet because he mentioned once on his radio show about not being able to fit into his college jeans.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about PB yet because he mentioned once on his radio show about not being able to fit into his college jeans.
    lmfao
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast