Thread: Thoughts: Morning Fast? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Thoughts: Morning Fast?

I haven't had school over this summer, so usually I wake up around 6:00 everyday and go out to the park with my dog and do some pullups on the monkey bars there. Afterwards, I usually just go home and work on SAT stuff until around 10-11. I don't really eat anything up till then. I just drink some water and make sure I use the restroom, and perhaps have an avocado with nuts/seeds. I'm not terribly hungry.

Then, I usually eat a lot during lunch and then have a medium - large dinner.

Is this a good idea or not? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(This is just over the summer -- after I go back to school I may have to start going back to old schedule)

fyi - I'm just doing this for general health etc. + clear up skin and not for weight loss.
    Last edited by echoyjeff222; 08-12-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It's fine, you are doing Intermittent Fasting regimen. It helps burning fat faster. I do the same thing, except I have nothing but black coffee and a bit of broth till at least 14 hours elapsed since dinner.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    It's fine, you are doing Intermittent Fasting regimen. It helps burning fat faster. I do the same thing, except I have nothing but black coffee and a bit of broth till at least 14 hours elapsed since dinner.
    No it doesn't. There haven't been any studies done to prove this. As it stands, IF is simply a lifestyle factor that can help some people adhere to a calorie deficit. It doesn't help burn fat faster.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    I haven't had school over this summer, so usually I wake up around 6:00 everyday and go out to the park with my dog and do some pullups on the monkey bars there. Afterwards, I usually just go home and work on SAT stuff until around 10-11. I don't really eat anything up till then. I just drink some water and make sure I use the restroom, and perhaps have an avocado with nuts/seeds. I'm not terribly hungry.

Then, I usually eat a lot during lunch and then have a medium - large dinner.

Is this a good idea or not? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(This is just over the summer -- after I go back to school I may have to start going back to old schedule)

fyi - I'm just doing this for general health etc. + clear up skin and not for weight loss.
    If it's working for you, there isn't really a reason to or not to continue eating the way you are.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No it doesn't. There haven't been any studies done to prove this. As it stands, IF is simply a lifestyle factor that can help some people adhere to a calorie deficit. It doesn't help burn fat faster.
    You are right, I should have added, as the author claims. I can verifiably say that from my personal experience it controls appetite and helps with the overoll diet.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with a little fasting. I'm working and doing school (both full time) so I have been fasting daily til dinner time. Makes life easier.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    If there are no adverse effects on your health, go ahead.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Thats basically what I do, except I start the morning with tea and cream. It feels comfortable for me.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

CandylandCanary is offline Senior Member
    I do something pretty similar. I get up at 5 or 6 and it's generally 10am before I bother eating anything. There's really no reason you can't do this. The advice about MUST EAT BREAKFAST was once explained to me (on these very forums incidentally) as being mostly promoted by the cereal companies. After all, how will you get 3-4 servings of GRAINS in before you start snacking on more at 10 and more at lunch unless you eat breakfast? lol.

Having to eat all the time is also more of a carb thing. If you run on fat and protein, you're more able to eat when you feel like it.

Follow what feels best to you.
    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"