This is what happened:
Two nights ago I was just in a really rotten mood for no reason in particular. I didn't want to cook and just felt generally contrary. So I grabbed a box of Mac 'n Cheese at the store and made that for dinner.
- It was a LOT saltier than I remember it being. That used to be me one go-to comfort food when I was feeling gross, I remember it being creamy and mild and soft. Now though? Salty and mushy were my main impressions.
- I couldn't finish the whole box. I used to eat a whole box no problem and still be kinda hungry for more, I only ate half of it and was more than done.
- Next day looooots of gas.
- Heartburn came back!
- Next evening the system was evacuated (not pleasant)
- Return of hypnagogia night terrors! D: (for some reason it's always massive spiders hanging above my head reaching to get me)
Most important thing though
-> The next morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, that evening was primal curry.
Basically, yeah, I was feeling like crap and said "screw it" and had something absolutely wretched for me for dinner one night. the very next day though I went right back to eating primal.
Primal is my norm, everything else is an aberration
I used to eat that stuff ALL THE TIME. From the age of 18 to 28 I would say that I probably ate more Kraft Mac and Cheese than any other single meal. At least twice a week for dinner.
I have not had any in over a year now. I wonder if it would gross me out too now.
"Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
- John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)
yeah, super gross. it's funny how that happens.
my primal journal:
My kids don't even like it anymore (YAY!!!!)
it is funny how that happens! I had a few sips of diet coke and it taste like gasoline or something to me! gross...i dumped it out.
I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.
You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.
wow. i used to really luv me some mac n cheese. I couldn't even throw out the last 2 boxes i had in the pantry. But the first post sorta makes me want to!
last week on vacation i had an occasional flour tortilla, sushi & i ate the rice, 2 nights of indian food (w/ some rice & naan), and a few potato chips. Maybe some other stuff i don't usu eat. It def kinda messed up my system! I'm only today really feeling good like i did before vacation.
last sunday hubby and i had a cheat day, we had pizza for the first time in 2 months, and i con honestly say, it was gross, and boy did i feel it that night.next day. never again >.<
Mom made some good ol' oven baked mac 'n' cheese when I was home to visit.
It was awesome. I ate two big bowls.
That is all.
PS. I also didn't post a thread about it.
Last edited by Grumpycakes; 08-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!