Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I ate a box of Mac 'n Cheese page

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member

So I ate a box of Mac 'n Cheese

This is what happened:

Two nights ago I was just in a really rotten mood for no reason in particular. I didn't want to cook and just felt generally contrary. So I grabbed a box of Mac 'n Cheese at the store and made that for dinner.

- It was a LOT saltier than I remember it being. That used to be me one go-to comfort food when I was feeling gross, I remember it being creamy and mild and soft. Now though? Salty and mushy were my main impressions.
    - I couldn't finish the whole box. I used to eat a whole box no problem and still be kinda hungry for more, I only ate half of it and was more than done.
    - Next day looooots of gas.
    - Heartburn came back!
    - Next evening the system was evacuated (not pleasant)
    - Return of hypnagogia night terrors! D: (for some reason it's always massive spiders hanging above my head reaching to get me)

Most important thing though
    -> The next morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, that evening was primal curry.

Basically, yeah, I was feeling like crap and said "screw it" and had something absolutely wretched for me for dinner one night. the very next day though I went right back to eating primal.

Primal is my norm, everything else is an aberration

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    Primal is my norm, everything else is an aberration
    Nice.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat that stuff ALL THE TIME. From the age of 18 to 28 I would say that I probably ate more Kraft Mac and Cheese than any other single meal. At least twice a week for dinner.

I have not had any in over a year now. I wonder if it would gross me out too now.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    yeah, super gross. it's funny how that happens.

lolov is offline Senior Member
    My kids don't even like it anymore (YAY!!!!)

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    it is funny how that happens! I had a few sips of diet coke and it taste like gasoline or something to me! gross...i dumped it out.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    wow. i used to really luv me some mac n cheese. I couldn't even throw out the last 2 boxes i had in the pantry. But the first post sorta makes me want to!

last week on vacation i had an occasional flour tortilla, sushi & i ate the rice, 2 nights of indian food (w/ some rice & naan), and a few potato chips. Maybe some other stuff i don't usu eat. It def kinda messed up my system! I'm only today really feeling good like i did before vacation.

last sunday hubby and i had a cheat day, we had pizza for the first time in 2 months, and i con honestly say, it was gross, and boy did i feel it that night.next day. never again >.<

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Mom made some good ol' oven baked mac 'n' cheese when I was home to visit.

It was awesome. I ate two big bowls.

That is all.

PS. I also didn't post a thread about it.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 08-12-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    homemade has got to be a lot better than the box stuff. However, i used to "doctor" mine up so much with jalapenos and sometimes salsa, def a drop or two of pepper sauce, i couldn't really tell how salty it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast