Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much do you eat? page

how much do you eat?

So, iv been primal for 2 months now, i feel great, looking better. husband is on it with me and looking fantastic. My question is.. we both eat tell we are completely full, like we did before primal.. i started wondering, is this right? should we be eating 4 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon in the morning plus a huge dinner? or should we be cutting down, trying to shrink our stomachs? with our scheduals, we usually only eat twice a day, sometimes 3 times, usually on sundays when he has off work. what is your thought on how much you should be eating?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    You should eat until you no longer feel hungry or are happily satisfied, but not busting full. The longer you're primal, the better you will become at listening to your body and knowing what it needs and when. Four eggs and three strips of bacon as meal 1 of 2 in the day sounds right to me, and that is enough to keep most people going for most of the day. If you start gaining weight (which IS possible, even on PB), cut back; if you're happy with the way things are going, stick with what you're doing.
    Last edited by unchatenfrance; 08-12-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    ive found i eat quite a bit less then i use to before PB. id say stick with the big breakfast and then just see how it goes the rest of the day. recently i have been skipping meals entirely because im not hungry. i know a lot of people here do intermentant fasting (IF) and most of those people will tell you to skip breakfast but i disagree with that as i think there are quite a few good reasons to eat a big high protein breakfast. i think its more important then the other meals

going by what mark says in PB just eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full, its really that easy!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Are you and your husband the same size with the same energy needs? If weight loss is your goal you might want to take this into consideration.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

no, he is 286 and i am 312 - he works, i dont.

mamagault is offline Member
    We've been primal for 3 weeks now. We eat until full, and only eat when hungry. Ironically, for us, dh & I have noticed that our actual calorie intake has decreased significantly. I usually still eat 3 times a day (2.5 weeks to go in pregnancy), and sometimes 1-2 small snacks. The kids not so much. They eat about the same.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Eating more protein and fat and fewer carbs will generally cause overweight people to spontaneously reduce calories, and make them feel full on fewer calories. You're getting more fuel from your stored fat and don't need to eat as much to meet your needs. If your body composition is changing for the better, and you feel and look good, it's obviously working, so why mess with a good thing? Just let it work for you, and think about making adjustments if/when improvements start to slow down or stall.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 08-13-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo correction

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I eat until I feel comfortable, then don't until I'm hungry again. I've had a small handful of meals where I suddenly felt "full", and even with all of 2 bites on the plate couldn't even think of eating them - I take this as a sign I'm slowly healing and my body signalling is starting to come back.

I feel like I eat more, but when I look at records from past years I actually eat less, by quite a bit. I don't snack any more, I don't feel the need to.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasblackrose View Post
    So, iv been primal for 2 months now, i feel great, looking better. husband is on it with me and looking fantastic. My question is.. we both eat tell we are completely full, like we did before primal.. i started wondering, is this right? should we be eating 4 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon in the morning plus a huge dinner? or should we be cutting down, trying to shrink our stomachs? with our scheduals, we usually only eat twice a day, sometimes 3 times, usually on sundays when he has off work. what is your thought on how much you should be eating?
    Don't change a thing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Robb Wolf described this perfectly in one of his classes when he described what I call 'The Arch of Fitness.'

Pretty much, if you are happy with your current gains and fitness levels (assuming you possess 'normal' to 'experienced/conditioned' fitness levels), then keep doing what you are doing. Eat when you are hungry, don't eat when you aren't, and maintain/make needed changes to whatever fitness plan you are currently on.

If you have obtained your ideal body composition and an average/advanced level of fitness, and you wish to push yourself towards higher levels of performance/body composition (also known as 'Super-Fitness' within 'The Arch of Fitness'), then you should start concerning yourself with how/why/when/how much you should eat.

Besides that, good job and keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast