Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you feel eating grassfed compared to grain? page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

how do you feel eating grassfed compared to grain?

Primal Fuel
    this is out of curiosity i plan on making the switch over the grassfed/finished soon and im curious to hear what people who might have been eating primal for awhile but conventional meat at first then made the switch like me....did anyone find an energy inc? overall better mood etc.. i know the the benefits to grassfed meat but ive never really heard anyone say they felt definite improvements when they made the switch

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I definitely feel better, better mood, etc. But, that could be simply because eating conventional meat makes me sad.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

i generally eat about 24oz of meat a day so im very curious as to how ill react to the change...suddenly no hormones,antiobiotic crap higher nutrient density and better fat ratios...hopefully itll be a nice kick ...i suppose not having to feel bad for eating crap conventional meat will make me feel better too lol

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    If nothing else, your food will taste a helluva lot better!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

priller is offline Junior Member
    It does taste different - stronger flavor, some might say even gamey. You can also get beef that is hormone and antibiotic free, and is grass fed for all it's life except for finishing. That adds marbling, and for quick-cook steaks I actually prefer that kind. The grass finished beef I tend to slow cook.

well i live in quebec and from what i can see the only real grassfed meat i can get access to is beef and bison....im going to keep eating horsemeat too because i think it just naturally is cleaner than most conv. meats...the only thing is i think in the winter months the animals are fed on hay..is that bad?

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    I think hay is usually just cut grass, so I would say it's what they should be eating. I'm not a rancher, though, so someone correct me if that's wrong.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalTatoolover View Post
    this is out of curiosity i plan on making the switch over the grassfed/finished soon and im curious to hear what people who might have been eating primal for awhile but conventional meat at first then made the switch like me....did anyone find an energy inc? overall better mood etc.. i know the the benefits to grassfed meat but ive never really heard anyone say they felt definite improvements when they made the switch
    I don't really feel any different physically, but I do feel better knowing the cow had a good life and had just one bad day.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel very different either, but it is sure nice to have a freezer stocked for the whole year with the grass-fed beef and pork and not to worry about always shopping for it. Plus, buying from the farmer we get all the cuts for the same price, so I get the cuts I would have never bought otherwise! Some of those steaks are just incredible!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    Don't like grassfed.

I've gone through two 1/2 cows trying to get myself to like grassfed. (The 1/2 cow route is even less appealing, because you have to end up choking down the cuts you normally wouldn't even consider buying seperately).

To me, it tastes more watery, and tougher.

Toss it on the grill, and it like sits there.

Give me a nice, rich, well-marbled grain fed steak any day.

Toss one of those puppies on the grill you better have an asbestos suit on and a fire extinguisher near by for pretection against the flare ups.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

As to how it makes me feel... Haven't really noticed any difference ever... Though I certainly have not been on a consistant enough diet over the years to objectively judge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast