Thread: 1 month strict primal - Feelin fine........ page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

1 month strict primal - Feelin fine........

Shop Now
    I've been primal since late 2009, but I have had many periods of lax discipline. There have been times where i've gone 2-3 weeks, but never a strict month. Not a huge result in the grand scheme of things, but I have developed some great will power now. Other than poor sleep, I am feeling good. I have welcomed potatoes into my post workout meals and no longer suffer from 'fatigued feeling' when going to the gym.

I've not really had much fat loss (not really looking for it as I'm trying to gain muscle mass), but composition has changed a touch with my new workout routine.

I have a question, I have **no** desire for 'bad' CW foods, grains and other stuff that would normally convince me to 'have a cheat', on the weekend for example. It's my Birthday in a couple of weeks and i plan to have a meal with my partner at an italian restaurant, this I am looking forward too, but not in a die hard way. If anything, I'm more concerned about it re-setting my willpower and 'status quo' that i am currently experiencing.

Should I just enjoy my birthday cheat meal, and shut up and chow down the lasagne?!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    If I was Italian I'd do salad and a soup or something? I'd call the wine my cheat.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    While you may enjoy eating the lasagna, after a while without wheat, you may end up feeling ill afterward. Can you go to a nice steak or seafood place instead?
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

croí is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    While you may enjoy eating the lasagna, after a while without wheat, you may end up feeling ill afterward. Can you go to a nice steak or seafood place instead?
    I 2nd this. Once you take grains out of your diet for 30 or so days, it's very hard to eat pasta and not feel really bloated, afterwards.