Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tried the Lindt 85% Cocoa page

ar0e is offline Member

tried the Lindt 85% Cocoa

Primal Fuel
    and it was AMAZING!!! Seriously, it's so good, I don't know how I ever ate milk chocolate before. I've had dark chocolate before, but this is on a whole other level. Mmmmm I can't wait to melt it and drizzle it over some freshly picked strawberries tonight after dinner. I had to limit myself to 1 square a day, otherwise it would be gone by now

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    That stuff is awesome.

Anave is offline Member
    It is good! I like the 98% even better though. It tastes less bitter to me.
    We must learn to do what the leaf and the whale and the wind do of their own nature. We must learn to keep the balance. Having intelligence, we must not act in ignorance. Having choice, we must not act without responsibility
    -Sparrowhawk, The Farthest Shore by Ursula K. LeGuin

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anave View Post
    It is good! I like the 98% even better though. It tastes less bitter to me.
    Anave - not sure if you're low-carb (or you may not be bothered) but I'm sure the 98% has more sugar in it than the 90% - maybe the powers that be decided we wouldn't like the taste of a high cocoa chocolate . The 85% 'used' to be the lowest carb out there (lower than 90%) but they changed their formula a few months ago and you guessed it, more sugar in the 85% now too. I wrote to complain and they quoted the 'customer preference' line at me. No apologies to the folk who don't like 'sweet', low-carbers, anti-sugar folk or diabetics.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat milk and white choc, so I was surprised to find I actually loved the 85% type. I think the Green & Gold brand has less sugar than Lindt though? I checked both last time I went shopping.

Or is it Black & Gold? My brain is bit fried today.

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    LOL - Green and Black, er, I think . Yeh, Lindt did a number a few months ago - they were always the lowest sugar/carb (not that I checked virtually every brand), so I was quite miffed when they did this. I need to check the Green & Black now as I think their 85% tastes nicer than Lindt and it's organic too. Having said all that ..... if you're in Aus and I'm in the US, it could be different recipes for different countries and maybe Green & Black really is Black and Gold where you are, lol? OK, I'll shut up now

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMoo View Post
    LOL - Green and Black, er, I think . Yeh, Lindt did a number a few months ago - they were always the lowest sugar/carb (not that I checked virtually every brand), so I was quite miffed when they did this. I need to check the Green & Black now as I think their 85% tastes nicer than Lindt and it's organic too. Having said all that ..... if you're in Aus and I'm in the US, it could be different recipes for different countries and maybe Green & Black really is Black and Gold where you are, lol? OK, I'll shut up now
    I think you're right about the brand-name!

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Bakers chocolate, unsweetened. I love the ingredient list 'Chocolate'. It's about half the price too. It was roughly .43 cents an ounce for bakers chocolate vs .78 cents for the Lindt's.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I like the Lindt 90% better... less bitter even though higher percentage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast