Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I figured it out!!! page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

I figured it out!!!

I figured out why crappy food makes us gain weight! Since we wouldn't have eaten these things naturally while we had real food, it signals our body that we're in the middle of a famine!!!!
    We're basically giving our body the queue that we're out of food when we eat this stuff!!!!

Thoughts?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    In a famine, or actively poisoning ourselves.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I've read in a few (not scientifically-reputable) places that the body sends hunger signals when it receives inadequate nutrients, not just when there is a caloric deficit. So, 3000 calories of junk - zero nutrients = body still thinks it's hungry.

That being said, my inner grammar nazi cannot resist:
    - cue: a signal
    - queue: a line-up (from the French word for "tail")

Grumpy: People in La Rochelle ate their boots during one of the sieges. During times of famine people will eat things normally considered inedible, therefore it is reasonable to think that the body could come to equate the ingestion of inedible substances with a lack of nourishing fare.
    Unchatenfrance: Yeah, I had 3 hours of sleep this morning so it's impressive that I came up with a thought in the first place.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    All the carbs get swept into at cells and none goes to muscle and supporting cell functions, so yes, the body is starving.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Yeah, that sounds pretty reasonable.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Interesting theory - one of those things that makes such good sense that it's hard to argue down. True or not???

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Interesting theory - one of those things that makes such good sense that it's hard to argue down. True or not???
    I don't know, if anyone finds studies on this then let me know. So far it's in the theory stage and I don't have the money to fund an experiment.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I did read it in one of my books, I'll try to find the source. The way they stated it was " you eat because you're fat" rather than "you're fat because you eat. "

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay so to confirm this we would need the fasting and fed enzyme levels and metabolic rates of both primal eaters and SADers.
    We would then need to compare the two sets.

If I'm correct then then the difference between fasting and fed states would be larger for the primal group. The problem is the fasting numbers would need to be taken after several days of fasting to simulate an actual famine. Any volunteers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast