Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail (ABS!) page 3

matt22 is offline Senior Member
    I walk in them, ride my bike, sprint and jog a little. The only problem with them is the cost, over 100 bucks, silly for such light weight shoes. I live in the Uk and people have not really got into the whole bare foot thing, I have had some funny looks! Especially if I tell them I do pull ups in trees, and dips on park benches etc.

Think I will go out in them in the morning. Grok on!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Tomorrow starts your Whole30. And don't fuck it up with the softball game. Just don't drink the beer dude. You will be kicking yourself afterwards.
    And yeah, tater-tots are da bomb.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Tomorrow starts your Whole30. And don't fuck it up with the softball game. Just don't drink the beer dude. You will be kicking yourself afterwards.
    And yeah, tater-tots are da bomb.
    Ah yes. Whole 30 day 1.

Beer doesn't agree with me much anymore. I used to love playing but since its turned into one big drinking fest, its not much fun anymore. Everybody just does keg stands and funnels. Plus everyone brings their girlfriends/spouses and they couldn't hit a bulls ass with a snow shovel, and they only play 1/2 a game. So towards the end, its all dudes on that team. Last year, those douche nozzles drank 2 half kegs of beer and we were only 1/2 thru a game.

Its good to see some old friends, but sad cause none of them have grown up. Maybe I'll just spectate this year.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Last night was barefoot sprints. 10 rounds. Time varied between 14 sec (first set) to 17-18 sec (last sets). Also, did 1 min. rest between in the beginning and up to 2 min. towards the end. Was pretty gassed from this. I gotta make this a weekly thing. I always have good intentions to.

Also mowed my front yard. I've been thinking about ways to add weight to my push mower. That would be a good little workout.

My son ran these with me and what a clown. He almost hit our clothes line pole, swimming pool, jungle gym and me about 3 or 4 times. He does this thing were he starts to look behind him about 1/2 across the yard. He says he is running backwards. What a goof.
    Last edited by Monty; 09-01-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: everything is better barefoot!
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Whole 30 Day 1 down. Food wise, no prob.
    B: 4 eggs in coconut oil, 1 cup black coffee.
    L: Left over pork loin with BAS with olives, avacados, tomatoes, cukes and onion. Dressing was olive oil, garlic salt, oregano and balsamic vinegar.
    D: Some sort of ground beef concoction that tasted like chili. Ground beef, spaghetti sauce (no added sugar), onions and pepper mix and franks red hot. This was good.

Going to vary my workout sets/reps to more of a 5x3, 8x2, 10x1 (sets x reps) for some added strength gains. The 5-3-1 is more of a beginner/intermediate lifting routine. About every 4th week, I'll do a deload or completely rest up week. Going to do this for a few months and adjust.

Workout was:
    Bench Press - 5 sets of 3 reps of 205# (10 reps @ 135# for warm up)
    Weighted Pull ups - BW x 10; BW x 6; 25# x 3; 25# x 2; 35# (my son) x 1
    Reverse Curls - 3 sets of 10 reps of 65#

M/30y/190#

Whole 30 Day 2.

No workout but damn, I was hungry all day.
    B: 4 eggs in coconut oil and some grapes. 1 cup black coffee.
    L: Leftovers from last night and about 1/2 cup broccoli
    Snack: 4 hard boiled eggs, some nuts and dried fruit concoction, sweet potato fries.
    D: Leftovers from last night.

I can see from this that my fat intake was extremely low. Probably why I'm starving all day. I really wish I could get back to skipping breakfast and doing a 16/8 IF. I usually adjust quickly, since I've gone from IF'ing to not back to IF'ing and off again. I feel that I don't eat enough while IF'ing. Gonna give it a go. Not making and eating breakfast in the morning before work is appealing.

M/30y/190#

Whole 30 Day 3: Play day.

Went to my parents house and took the kids to the beach. Generally, just waded in the water and chased the kids around. Worst part of the day was we went to my dad's "office"...local bar where everyone knows everyone. I had club sodas and limes. Beers are something like $0.75 drafts for happy hours. Tough to resist.
    B: Umm..nothing really. Just some small amount of fruit.
    L: Grilled steak with grilled mushrooms and squash.
    D: Same as lunch.
    Snack: Made some laura bars from everydaypaleo.com. Mine are good, but fall apart easy. Freezer takes care of that.

M/30y/190#

Whole 30 Day 4: Play day (again) and house work day.
    Mowed lawn. Went to park with kids and kicked a soccer ball around. Hotter than the gates of hades today. Planted some grass in the back yard in the areas where I dropped a few pines.
    B: Breakfast was late today, around 11 am. Trying to make it later and later so I ease back into a 16/8 IF schedule. Had bacon, scrambled eggs, and fruit salad.
    L: This was late too, but not by choice, around 3 pm. BAS with grilled chicken, avacado, cukes, olives, tomatoes and onions.
    D: Made up a pork shoulder in the crock pot. Gonna have that and another BAS. Salads are something I can always eat and never get tired of. I need to get a smoker...pulled pork is so much better that way. I borrowed my neighbors a few weeks ago and the pork came out fucking awesome.

Not gonna work out today. Will do that tomorrow. Gonna relax, eat and watch some megamind with the packages.

M/30y/190#

Whole 30 Day 5: Deadlift/Shoulder Day

B: Egg fritata with mushrooms, onions, sweet potato and spinach. (no cheese). Bacon on the side.
    L: BAS with cukes, green peppers, onions, shredded carrots, tomatoes and chicken. Used my homemade dressing.
    S: 1/2 can coconut milk.
    Workout.
    D: Pulled pork with salt/pepper and BAS (same as above).
    S: Craved something sweet. Wife made almond flour chocolate chip cookies. Damn her! So I resisted and had some cherries and an apple.

Deadlift:
    warm up - 135# x 10
    3 sets of 3 reps @ 225#
    1x3 @ 235#
    1x3 @ 245#

Shoulders:
    Strict Press - 1 @ 135#, 1 @ 140#, 1 @ 145# (failed), 1 @ 140# (failed)
    Push Press - 3 @ 140#, 3 @ 145#, 3 @ 155#
    Shrugs - 3x10 @ 155#
    Upright Row - 10 @ 45# (bare bar), 10 @ 65#, 10 @ 85#

Sleep suffered because I watched a movie that I was dying to see. Machete. Awesome and funny. I love those types of movies.

M/30y/190#

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whole 30 Day 6: Squat/Dip Day

Work out for 9/6 went something like this:
    Squats: 2x3 @ 185#; 1x3 @ 195#, 1x2 and 1x1 @ 205# (Squats have been suffering)

Weighted Dips: BW x 10; 2x5 @ 20#; 3x5 @ 25#.

Meal 1 (noon): BAS and some pulled pork.
    Meal 2 (5 pm): Taco salad (no cheese or sour cream). Added some of my home made pickled jalapenos. Those bastards are hot without the sour cream.
    Meal 3 (8 pm): Some toasted almonds, about 1/4 sweet potato with mushrooms and onion (all fried up in coconut oil) and 2 fried eggs.

M/30y/190#

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast