Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail (ABS!)

Shop Now
    Whoops. Nevermind, i googled it. Thanks for the info.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Ok, just located my measurements. Putting them here so I don't lose them.

As of 8/6/11:
    Forearms = 12"
    Biceps = 15"
    Neck = 16"
    Shoulders = 49.5"
    Chest = 43.5"
    Bellybutton = 40"
    Beltline = 39"
    Thighs = 22"
    Calves = 14.5"

Gong to track these monthly.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

B: 4 eggs fried in 1 tbsp coconut oil and 2 slices o' bacon (all that was left) and 2 cups iced black coffee.

L: BAS with 1/2 tomato, 1/2 avacado, and about 12 green olives. Dressing was olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano and garlic salt. Roughly 1 lb burger mixed with salsa and sour cream. Kinda like a stroganoff.

Work out:
    Bench Press
    10 - 135#
    5 - 185#
    5 - 205#
    3 - 215#
    1 - 220#
    1 - 225#
    1 - 230#
    Used a wider grip than usual (hands outside the rings on the bar). Felt way better.

Weighted pull-ups
    BW x 10 reps
    BW x 7 reps
    5 - 10#
    5 - 15#
    3 - 20#
    1 - 35#
    1 - 40#

Practiced some overhead squats/snatches. Used the Bergener Warm up with unloaded Bar. Have some shoulder mobility issues and tightness in the groin. Traps were on fire from the warm up. Haven't shrugged anything in a while...felt good in a painful way.

D: 2 burgers, grilled, about 8 oz. a piece; 6 or 8 small salt potatoes with very little butter; green beans with little butter.

M/30y/190#

Been taking a couple of days off from workouts. I did a deadlift/shoulder press/shrug session on saturday. have to post weights some time.

Went to a wedding on Sunday that wrecked me. I had a blast. Had 2 free beers before switching up to a rum/soda water/lemon drink. Some of those were free, but then after dinner, everything was cash. Blew about $50. So at about $4 a drink...i had lots. Saw a lot of people I haven't seen in forever. Good to catch up with them...kinda like a highschool reunion. I went to small school, 'bout 400 kids K thru 12. So, you know everybody. The best part was all the people saying how good I looked. Heard it at least 5 or 6 times. When they asked how, I simply said "Its all what you eat. And I eat good!"

What wrecked me, I think, were some small meatballs that were appetizers. I had 8 of them. On monday and tuesday, my left knee had some serious pain and my elbow started to hurt late tuesday. I've felt it before when I let some gluten in my diet. Usually takes a week for it to run its course. But dinner was steamed vegies, chicken with broccoli and sun dried tomatoes, roast beef and shaved prime rib, and salad. I drank so much liquor that I hadn't even realized that cake was served. But I really didn't give two shits about some crappy little cake.

M/30y/190#

Had a liquid fat bomb last night. its 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, tspn vanilla, ice and blend. I left out the ice because i was in a hurry. Effing amazing. You want to talk about an energy drink. Holy cow...I felt like bench pressing a buick. Calculated 1,000 cal with 75g sat fat and about 6 g protein. If you haven't tried one, hop on over to freetheanimal's website. The man is a genius.

Went to the state fair afterwords. Had some delicious pulled pork from Dinosaur BBQ...no bun. Had 2 servings of those. They came with bbq sauce on them, but since i love the hell out of that, i let it slide...both times...on purpose. You fat bastard!

Joints are less achy. Knee still acts up on me. Sleep has been shit. Had to get up early for a business trip on wednesday, and last night was the fair/concert. I'm not a huge fan of Maroon 5, Train or Gavin McGraw...but all of them are great in concert. Really liked Train...they were fun. Maroon 5 guys can play some guitar. Overall, a good day off from weight lifting. Crap, Its been a good week off from lifting.

M/30y/190#

Crap. This always happens. I start a so called routine and then I just get too busy for anything. For example, this past Friday, I was going to fit in a work out, but decided to remove and hang a new storm door instead. Saturday, the we took the kids to Water Safari. 4 hours in the car and 4 hours walking around the water park and rides. Had a good dinner at a steak joint up there. I thought I ate like shit, but turns out benders are good once in a while. Got home around 9 pm and crashed. The only saving grace was we packed our lunch and ate it before going into the park. Sunday was my nephews birthday. They had pizza and salad. A guy my size cannot go 6 hours on two small plates of salad alone. People asked me if i was going to eat pizza. I tell them I can't because it makes me ache all over and I'm better off without it. So, when we got home, I planned on working out. Instead, I finished the door hanging that I started on Friday.

So here's the problem. I had fun during all of these days. But the only thing I could think about was going home and working out. I just need to live and stop worrying about lifting sometimes. But its my poison. Its my outlet. And I've always been like this since I started at 16. Didn't feel complete unless I'm lifting weights.

Meh. Fuck it. Gonna do some push ups now.

M/30y/190#

Good work, you are doing loads of stuff. Do you have and vibrams? Do you jog? I bought a pair and they are the best exercise shoes ever!

I do have vibrams but feel they are a waste of money...for me anyways. I wear them walking and during the winter when i do my lifts. I've had a pair for just over 1 year now. I grew up bare footing and go barefoot whenever I can, which is almost daily. No jogging here. I do the sprints and find that is enough. Sometimes I'll jog when the kids are riding their bikes. I just wish vibrams cost less. What else do you do in vibrams? I'm thinking about taking some long hikes now the weather is getting a little cooler, especially in the mornings.

M/30y/190#

Epic bombing tonight. Did squats/weighted dips. I started with front squats just to warm up a little but over did it. No gas left in the tank. Breakdown:
    Front Squat (3 reps - 3 reps - 3 reps) of 135#, 135# and 145#.

Back Squat
    5 @ 165#
    5 @ 175#
    2 @ 195# (was supposed to be 3 reps)
    1 @ 205#
    That sucked. Note to self...don't warm up with front squats when doing back squats.

Weighted dips
    12 reps @ body weight
    5 @ 15#
    5 @ 20#
    3 @ 25#
    3 @ 30#
    2 @ 45# (did 2 cause I felt like it)

Overall, a shitty lifting day. I kinda rushed into this one. Tomorrow, sprints and lawn mowing. I would sprint while lawn mowing, but I'll probably cut my foot off.

M/30y/190#

Shop Now
    September 1 starts my first Whole 30. I've been aching to do one and September is perfect. I pretty much follow a more paleo WOE with limited alcohol (prefer a modified norcal margarita) , dairy (butter, heavy cream, anything else makes me break out with some monster zits) but I know I need to tighten my belt with added sugar items and eliminate all bad oils. BBQ sauce and fucking tater tots. Those god damn little pieces of franken-potato shits...why do I love thee? Anywho, I think if I can button up those two items, I should see some good results. I've been stuck at the 195 - 200# range for a while now. But my weight likes to mess with me. I'll be at a weight for like 1 or 2 months and then I wake up one morning and all of a sudden I've lost 5 lbs...literally overnight. Blows my mind.

The only kink may be a bi-annual keg softball game I play with my high school buddies. That usually falls in September. We'll see.

M/30y/190#