Thread: Happy with progress.... page

Lereas is offline Junior Member

Happy with progress....

Primal Fuel
    About two months ago, a friend of mine tried to get me to join her Crossfit gym. I already have a membership to another gym and can't really afford both at once, but she then started talking about eating Paleo. She sent me a few links, and one of them was to MDA.

For about a month and a half, I've been almost 100% off grains, with only a few exceptions to eat rice with sushi, and one roll at a fancy restaurant when our food was taking forever.

I've felt great, my pants are looser, and I've dropped about 10 lbs with barely any exercise. I can only imagine how much faster the weight will come off when I manage to get my butt in gear and get up in the mornings. My dog wakes me up at 430am, and though I feel awake-ish, I can't help but crawl back into bed. Then when I try to get up at 6 to go to the gym, I feel like crap and end up going back to bed till 7 to get ready for work.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to everyone here and to Mark for making this transition so incredibly easy. People bring donuts to work and offer me one, and I find it amusing that my willpower to say "no, thanks" shocks them. No one else turns them down, and their waistlines show it.

guy0087 is offline Junior Member

Give it a try...

A lot of Crossfits near me have a free class on the weekends that you can go to so you can get the experience without paying right off the bat. If they have that at your friends you should definitely give it a shot. Maybe not for everyone, but for those that it is for, it's addicting!

Lereas is offline Junior Member
    They do have a free Saturday class that I need to get to. Last week I was sick, but this week I plan on getting up at 7, going to the farmer's market to get some organic/local veggies and meat, throwing them in the fridge at home and going to get my butt kicked at the crossfit gym. I went to their grand opening and I did their daily workout that was 3x rounds of 5x1 minute exercises, and after just the first round they decided that the guests should stop so no one passed out. I had no idea that I could be that tired in five minutes, and couldn't really imagine doing another two round at anywhere near my original strength...but that's the point! Work hard and get better.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Lereas. Getting plenty of rest is just as important as exercise. Don't cut your sleep short to exercise. You may need more time eating right before starting an exercise program. (Of course, you need to stay active - avoid sitting too long.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your early successes!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Troat is offline Junior Member
    Its wonderful that your trying to lose weight, you'll be healthier in the long run! I'm 25 and I'm 5'5, I'm not saying my weight lol. About 2 years ago I lost 50lbs over a year and a half period.