Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long before fat loss? page 4

Grokette Guest

Shop Now

Thank you Griff! You are SO kind to answer my slightly insane cry for help !So I assume you feel my diet is ok; I truly love how I feel since I've gone Primal and at the gym today felt so very strong. I'm sure that I am gaining lots of muscle....your explaination is the very same as the one I get from my dedicated naturopathic doc who encouraged me to go Primal. This is my usual diet:

3 eggs,veggies and coffee with cream in AM

maybe a snack of meat, cheese or nuts (or all 3 !)

dinner: meat salad & maybe blueberries and more cream for desert.

Thanks again....you are encouraging.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Grokette: No problem! I know what it's like to be in the slough of despond over a number on a scale.

How are your blood sugars doing? I tend to avoid all carbs, including vegetables, until after 2 p.m., and then I have to start avoiding them again after about 8 p.m. because they do a real number on my blood sugars. What are your averages looking like? For me, that's one of the most important signifiers of how well I'm doing.

Also, I recommend not weighing more than once a week. Especially since I went Primal, I've noticed huge fluctuations between one day and the next, mostly related to (pardon me for saying this) a change in bowel habits. I used to need to "go" about twice a day. Now I need to "go" only about every third day - but about three to five times during that third day! - and at the end of it, I've dropped three or four pounds just from having, er, evacuated. Remember, a pound of food is still a pound of food, whether it's on your plate or in your belly, and your scale doesn't have the ability to finesse that out. So don't depend on the scale. Look to your glucometer and the tape measure for more reliable information.

As far as your diet, I would say maybe cut back slightly on the nuts. Some folks have reported stalls when they eat too many nuts or too much dairy, which makes sense since those foods do have carbs in them.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I'm going to echo Griff and say to slack off on the nuts. When I did that I really started loosing weight. I only check the scale every two weeks or so & rely more on clothes fit. Scales = evil! Isn't it great to be gaining muscle, though?! Keep on it, Grokette!

klcarbaugh Guest

David, up your fat intake. Your 50g/day is nothing! make it like 70 percent of your total calories and that should help. Eat lots of fatty meat! Cut out dairy. Don't eat fruit every day. Keep carbs at like 15g/day or so, but a little more every once in a while shouldn't hurt.

Coconut milk and dark chocolate are good treats for 1-2 times a week.

Just my 2 cents, I've seen it work for me.

Grokette Guest

Thank you Griff and DebFM ! It is so great to read about your experience, it helps me a great deal.Well, thats interesting...blood sugars have been alittle high..so maybe that could be a reason for weight gain ? if I'm reading you right, Griff ? Getting control again this past week...like 115 in am, 80 in afternoon and 109 in evening. One big success I've had in the past year is that I've cut my insulin in half with watching carbs.Yes, timing of meals is critical....carbs I try to keep under 25...should be lower...think the advice about cutting down on the nuts is SO important....guess I didn't realize how much I was eating. I think I was going alittle, shall we say, overboard ????Thanks guys !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234