Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long before fat loss? page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

That is so great to hear, SassaFrass! I've been calorie-counting and exercising for months and have lost 10-12 pounds (depends on the day) but still can't see my muscles! I want to SEE them. haha.

Can't wait until I see some changes... I'm really excited about the food and have been tracking my food for a couple days. Protein is the hardest for me, but my carbs have been under control and my overall calories are good (I know that's not the focus of this, but my tracker keeps track of that and it's good to keep in mind in general). It's so crazy to be eating around 100g of fat a day (old habits die hard).

SassaFrass, can I ask you how much you weigh? It's just that 5 pounds in 2 weeks for a more overweight person is easier than 5 pounds in 2 weeks for someone closer to their "goal weight" already. (I'm guessing you're not overweight if you can already see muscles. haha)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

marci Guest

FlyNavyWife- Altough I haven't lost any fat yet (been doing this 3.5 mos w/ primal exercise) almost everyone else has had varying degrees of success (love Sass's story- am envious!) I think since everyone's body is different it may take more or less time, depending. I'm sure you'll reach you goals sooner rather than later- and there's alot of great info here to help you!

Well, FlyNavyWife, to answer your question, I am in the upper range for my height's stated 'healthy' BMI (just under 25% bodyfat. I am 5'9", so I am fairly tall, but I weighed in at 168 when I started (nearly 2 weeks ago) and today I am 163 (still in the midst of my cycle, so I may be lower still)! I tend to lose weight rapidly, or at least I USED to, until I SEVERELY plateaued recently and couldn't figure out why (THANK YOU Primal Blueprint!!!).

I am a 'pear', so all my weight is in the booty (I'm a size small on top and a large on bottom ;-) - So the more 'cut' appearance of my muscles are starting to show in my arms, shoulders and chest area. Now, the thighs...eh, ok, so I can see my quads 'peeking' out above my knee when I flex, but the day I can see my sweet little muscles on my bum? I will be SHOUTING praises from the rooftops! ;-)

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Thanks Marci and Sassa... marci, I hope you start getting some headway into your goals. Either way, do you at least feel better?

SassaFrass, I've also been plateaued at 130 for about a month... but my first month of "dieting" and exercise, I lost about 9 pounds... so I know I CAN lose weight relatively quickly, like you. Hoping this shakes things up and gets them moving again, you know?

I am so excited for you! Can't wait till you can see all those little muscles. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

erin19 Guest

I am 5'7", fluctuate between 135 and 140 lbs, and I can't for the LIFE of me seem to lose the 5-7 pounds that is stored in my upper body! I've only been primal for a week, but haven't seen any weight loss (I was hoping to at least lose a pound or two, even if it's water weight!) Anyone else with only 5 pounds to lose find it extremely hard to lose the trouble zones?

maba is offline Senior Member

I was 115lbs (5'0", 25.5% BF) before I left for India in June. When I came back, I was 121. Then I went primal and was down to 115 in a week. I'm 115 for the last 5 weeks , no change in BF, muscle mass according to my scale. Like Sassa, I'm a pear too. I'm XS on top, but a S-M on bottom. Just to rule out that the scale might be faulty, I took measurements using yarn 2 days ago(don't have a tape-measure). I'm going to use that to guage my progress.

primalmom is offline Member

yeah - me too - well, actually, I have gained about 5 lbs since starting, but I think it's too many nuts

!! So I am cutting that out (gulp) and will see after a few more weeks if I get rid of it ... !!!

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

erin19 Guest

yeah, i have a bad addiction to nuts and nut butter and i'm eating them way too much! i'm trying to cut down to only one serving a day (i can easily do three, four or five without realizing it!)

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I've been completely primal for about 10 days and haven't lost any weirght according to the scale, either. My clothes are starting to be loose, though. My hubby even remarked (unprompted!) that my face looked thinner. I feel great, have tons of energy am not hungry and even feel stronger. I don't even want to eat, when before I would have (while reading, for example).

So, I'm wondering, maybe no movement on the scale may mean body composition rearrangement? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

primalmom is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Definitely, Deb ... sounds like recomp to me - have you done any measurements vs scale weight ??

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast