Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So why do you care?!? page

quelsen is offline Senior Member

So why do you care?!?

Shop Now
    I am curious to understand the motivation of the population. What motivates you to seek specific information on health and why are you here at MDA or any other fourm you frequent.

I arrived here in my seach for an answer to how to control my incessant weight gain. I stay becasue of the wonderful knowlege that abounds on how i may one day actually reverse the gain and refine my body to bare essentials.

My search has led me in many different directions and while i dont have a unifying theory fo rmyself i get closer every day to one. I hope that my seach is over but if i have learned anything over the years the seach is endless.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if there is a unifying theory. Not one that works for everyone.

I came looking for something to help me get healthier, not specifically for weight loss or fitness. In the process, I have continued to get healthy, lose some weight and become fitter again. Here I get a group of people who "get" how I eat, which I do not have in the non-electronic world. I also get great pointers to good resources and other like minded blogs I am also following. All in all, a better place to spend my computer time than the casual games sites I used to visit.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

BryanC is offline Member
    Chained to an Art Board in Washington State
    For me it was how to loose a lot of weight. No matter what I tried in the past, I had huge fluctuations that I couldn't figure out why.
    I'm just your average, legendary superhero, trapped in a lump of flesh.

Scottish Highland Games: a sport where the fat kid gets picked FIRST.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I want six-pack abs.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    I stumbled across this in my quest to be healthier thanks to a friend who offered help. I have struggled with weight issues for my entire life. Now that I've found something that actually works (and works so easily) I want to learn more. Every day I am thankful for my friend who recommended this lifestyle and this website (thanks also to Mark!). I am healthier now in so many ways. My asthma is gone, my skin issues have been resolved, I've dropped over 30 lbs, gained muscle, gained energy, gained enthusiasm for life itself. Initially it was about weight loss. Now I just want to continue to feel good.

Laoch is offline Junior Member
    I'm a transhumanist.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thyroid concerns, vanity goals (I've finally hit all but one), and staving off any other autoimmune diseases that may try to pop up.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    General health & longevity, figuring how to best avoid diseases of civilization - cancer, diabetes, alzheimers, etc.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I originally came here to learn what the heck a primal diet was. I read it, I liked it. I continue to read and learn.

I keep coming because here I don't have to listen to people trying to lose weight who are blipping on about how many points they have left and how they have to run 3 k even though they don't feel like it, but how else are they going to work off the oatmeal they had for breakfast.....
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't want to die, at least not any sooner than I absolutely have to.

Primal eating seems like a good way to edge the odds in my favor for reducing most diseases that cause early mortality, while being tasty to boot. It also just appeals to me on a visceral level to be 'eating like a caveman.'

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast